Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Hehe don't we all love hyperbole? "Nothing near", really? Your perfect actress looks quite similar to Gal Gadot. ;)

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Looks a bit pale and ginger to be Wonder Woman.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't say she's an important actress. I said they would of course have regard to whether they think she can play the part.
    They care about the casting of every part in a film this big. Just because you disagree with a casting choice doesn't mean it was a throwaway for the studio. That's juvenile, narcissistic thinking.

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey! What you got against gingers!?!?! :scream:

Also: "skeletal?" "Ubelievably skinny?" Um, whut?

5. Nerys Myk

Nothing, but we must shoot down any actress mentioned for the part. It's expected.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
  8. Nerys Myk

9. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like Bridget Regan too. Saw her on Person of Interest. She oughta be in features.

10. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It doesn't matter who they cast; Snyder can just fix it in post.

11. Guy Gardener

12. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Whatever you'd call it, Diana, as North Pole Myk mentioned, was never ginger.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  13. Guy Gardener

(Forgive me, I reeeeeally avoid spoilers about a lot of things, Ignorance is bliss.)

What?

But Zack has all access to Lena Headey!

Some massively evil unstoppable force must have gotten between him and that sweet and logical conclusion

Lena is still a year younger than Afleck.

What?

in Hollywood 1 boy year = 3 girl years?

That can't be fair!

14. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Is Gal Gadot playing Diana?

15. Guy Gardener

Half the age of Batman, Gal should be Donna Troy.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

It's funny, I started watching one of the special features from the Blu-Ray last weekend where the movie plays while simultaneously showing behind-the-scenes footage and I couldn't help thinking some of the scenes that hadn't gone through post looked better with the as-shot colour timing.

She does indeed have the perfect look, but I'm not sure she has the acting chops to pull off Wonder Woman.

17. Nerys Myk

I think it's a safe bet.

18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh yes, because studios never cast people in movies based on how cheap they are over how qualified they are. :rolleyes:

It goes both ways. They'll hire a popular, expensive actor/actress regardless of how qualified or expensive they are just to put their name on the movie (Anne Hathaway in TDK Rises is a good example). They'll also hire based totally on attractiveness, even if the person is a pretty bad actor/actress (like Megan Fox). While I'm a bit unsure about Gadot's ability to act based on clips I've seen, she could be a good actress. But, if you were to put her in a line up with, say, 100 random actresses that are at least vaguely WW like, I doubt she'd make the top 80 for anyone who isn't judging on how cheap they'd be to cast.

They didn't hire her because she's a known actress, they didn't hire her because she looks like WW (unless the person in charge has literally never seen and pictures of any version of WW), and I don't think she was hired because she's shown a huge amount of acting ability in the F&F movies. She's mildly attractive, and fairly unknown for a general audience, so she's cheap. If they wanted a good WW, there are many better choices, and people have been listing a lot of them all over the internet. I'd think that Affleck probably has such a huge payment coming his way that they need to cheap out in other, much less important casting.

If they ever do a JL movie or WW movie, hopefully they'd hire someone much more WW like than Gadot. But, its a movie already overloaded with heroes. The cameo by a character they have never cared about doesn't warrant putting any real effort or money into casting WW, which is probably why they chose Gadot. I can't think of any other reason to cast her. She doesn't look the part (seriously, Seth Green in a wig would almost be more believable), she isn't well known and she hasn't shown any particularly impressive acting ability from what I've seen. She almost certainly, however, has an asking price about 1% of what Affleck is getting.

Almost every single picture I can find of her, and all the clips I've seen, make her look like she's about to starve to death. She's almost the skinniest model/actress I've ever seen. She looks like she survives on a glass of water a day.

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, there are an abundance of actors they can hire cheaply. That doesn't mean they just pick one without any care given to the casting. Celebrity sometimes trumps talent in casting, but there's no incentive not to pay attention to the strength of auditions for lesser-known performers given the breadth of the talent pool.

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I would just like to point out: there are no pictures of Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is a drawn fictional character who for 70 some years has been drawn by many many different people and has looked different in those pictures over those 70 plus years.

So, again, there are no pictures of Wonder Woman. Just lines on a page representing a human being. An almost impossible human being.