Friction at DC

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by A beaker full of death, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Not for nothing, but there's bound to be a large overlap in the type of people who believed the poll skewers that Mitt Romney was actually winning while ignoring many other polls, and people who believe that support for marriage equality isn't growing exponentially. It's the same group of people deluding themselves again.

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Reading betwen the lines: "you can write, just don't write where I do not want you to."

Thought and action (employment) control.

It is clear that you are, and see any view other than your own as "bigoted" while avoid the reasons why OSC may hold certain beliefs. You cannot see that, so blanket attacks are the easy route.

Your every reply is an argument in favor of forcing DC to do your bidding--the end result being OSC never working for the company again, based on a view not connected to the publisher at all.

Let's not pretend you are in favor of the fair treatment of OSC that you demand for your position on marriage.

I see hyperbole draped in would-be "hot" wording is your little attempt to steer the matter away from your agenda.

Not working, son.

you are the issue, as you have taken a hostile position, so whether you will ever understand it or not, you have made yourself part of the problem: attempted thought and action control.

3. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Neroon, as the guy who started this thread, I see no harm in discussing this, and it's certainly not irrelevant. The entire issue is whether an artist's perceived or actual political stance should affect the appreciation of his art (and whether in fact they are separable), whether and how the artist should be impacted by the public reaction to his stances, etc.
    The whole POINT of art is to spark such conversations. I know we culturally just want pretty pictures and Disney, but how about we actually have a conversation around here? Frankly, you're overstepping. We're all grown-ups here. Grown up enough for this conversation, anyway. "Last chance"? Really?

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

We should treat those people who practice hate just like everyone else...

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I "begin" conversations with a friend who really, really cherry picks the religion she believes is utterly real, now and then, which has included commentary like this... "No, no, why do you think I hate homosexuals? Because I'm Christian? No, Christians don't hate gays. What would makes you think that? We love everyone."

The practice of hate (about eventually "something" even decimally) is everywhere Bill, and it takes a lot of denial to deal with a world as if it was pejoratively nothing but rainbows and kittens.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  6. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Yes, really. There is conversation and discussion, both energetic and even tense. And there is ranting about unrelated topics simply to be arguing or to lead into political diatribes.

Since it seems that folk here are unwilling to keep clear of the latter, I'm closing the thread for now. Comments to PM, or if you want to try the subject again without the extra baggage, that's possible and we can discuss that via PM if you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.