Fourth film wondering

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Dec 6, 2016.

1. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise was hardly "almost destroyed" in TMP, II, V, VI, First Contact, Insurrection or '09. In danger, sure, but you don't say a character was "almost killed" every time he gets a black eye.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, in First Contact they did set the self-destruct. What's that if it isn't "nearly destroyed?"

3. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Maybe it will get destroyed and we'll get a better looking Enterprise-B for the 5th movie.

Or maybe Christine Chapel shows up and tells Kirk that he's been a dad for a while now.

4. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

When I first heard about a new Ent A, I was really hoping they would be "fixing" the timeline and just use an original Connie refit. They still look sleek and modern, and the original reboot saucer was close. The new A was very disappoointing....

5. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I think he's referring to outright damage to the Enterprise, and compared to some of the films in FC there was very little.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Half the ship was assimilated. I'm pretty sure that resulted in a lengthy stay at spacedock for extensive repairs.

donners22 likes this.
  7. M-Red

M-Red Commander Red Shirt

In the fourth film, hopefully they can reinforce the best aspects from what they did right in BEY --- the ensemble approach, the camaraderie, individual and collective maturation, the adventurous spirit, the "out there" angle away from Earth...

BEY felt like real STAR TREK on the big screen again. I hope nu4 does also. If it's time travel with Kirk's dad (not my first choice....) then so be it.

Klingons, Doomsday Machine, Q, Borg....whatever. Just make another high quality Trek story....but this time, formulate a consistent and attractive narrative strategy from the outset, stick to it, and market it like you give a damn.

8. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I still wouldn't class that as 'nearly destroyed' The Enterprise in Nemesis and STID, now that was nearly destroyed. :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  9. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had another thought last night...maybe Kirk's dad encountered the Talosians...