First Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SimpleLogic, Oct 4, 2012.

?

Who won the first debate?

1. Barack Obama

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Mitt Romney

31 vote(s)
    83.8%
  1. gturner

gturner Admiral

John Stewart said he also thought the same thing, but now realizes that Obama is thinking more along the lines of "I like food. My kids are nice."

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Not "Michelle! Yowza!"?

3. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Their decisions will have ramifications no matter which one wins.

4. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Captain Captain

interesting unemployment job number was released. 7.8% The lowest its gotten during President Obama's administration. But of course both the lefties and righties will each spin it their own ways.

5. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

Obviously, style trumps substance these days. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes, I think Obama did it on purpose to expose Romney's true colors.

In the end, it was bullshit that won the debate.

6. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

I heard that too. I didn't watched myself. IMHO, it was crap that won the debate not Romney.

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I did have a chuckle at what Jay Leno said the other night.

"The only people who thought Obama won? The replacement refs."

Still, I'm looking forward to the Biden-Ryan debate on Thursday night. It's gonna be more exciting and fun if for no other reason than Biden himself and I really, really hope he goes a little Attack Dog on Ryan for his draconian Medicare and social safety net proposals.

There's less at stake and you don't have a Democrat who has to worry about looking Presidential, so I want Biden to take off the gloves and expose what a two-faced, Ayn Rand worshipping empty suit Ryan is. A good night for Biden would also energize Obama.

8. Drago-Kazov

I would prefer 2-3 moderators who are civilised and not partisan hacks + Gary Johnson and Jill Stein to be part of the debate. I don't know that much about Stein but Gary would beat Romney up.

9. gturner

gturner Admiral

That one is a stumper. We added 117,000 jobs and it bumped the unemployment rate by 0.3% (down from 8.1%). To someone with a calculator, correcting for the workforce participation ratio, it means our total population is now lower than Great Britain's. Where'd eveybody go?
    :(

10. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Yes. Presidents do cause things to happen.

11. Drago-Kazov

I am glad that we agree.

12. gturner

gturner Admiral

I'm starting a rumour that at the beginning of the next Presidential debate they're going to introduce Romney as "the returning Jeopardy champion."

If the there's a clear winner they should have Don Pardo do a voice-over saying the loser gets some Turtlewax and a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni, "the San Francisco treat!"

13. Drago-Kazov

i might remember incorrectly from a bloggingheads recap. Did Romney really accuse Obama of being to close to big banks and suggested breaking up some of them?

I think most fiscal cons would had prefered the swedish solution instead of the let's give everybody golden parachutes aproach.

14. gturner

gturner Admiral

He definitely did, arguing that "too big to fail" is a problem and that over a hundred smaller, local banks did fail. I believe his attack was that Obama had protected Wall Street at the expense of Main Street.

15. Drago-Kazov

If he would not be romney i might even belive him. He has the right background to be independent from Wall Steet, but lacks the moral compass.