Female uniforms in Star Trek

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies XI+' started by 77sevenseven, Jun 5, 2009.

1. KimMH

KimMH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the variety of uniforms is all about choice and not having to be stuck with the same one everyday. I work in an office and my daily outfit is usually a variation on what I wore the day before. Like an organization such as Starfleet uniformity in dress is neccessary to some degree but those extra degrees can make all the difference!

2. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

With -- as Tasha Yar says -- physical training unmatched anywhere, if the ladies were offered uniforms that would show it off, there's no reason they wouldn't love them. The miniskirts look very comfortable to me. I wore them in the 60's.

3. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the variations of the uniform. Why don't men get any variations?? Men should be treated as much as sexual objects as women in my opinion. Equality for all! Sexual objectification for all! :p

For anyone who hasn't seen yet, there's some nice variation on Starfleet uniforms with Deanna Troi's uniform in the Titan Animated Series thread. It's très cool :)

4. Neeka Keet

Neeka Keet Admiral Admiral

A male variant where they're wearing extremely short bike shorts. :drool:

5. miniglik

miniglik Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

LOL. Reno 911 in space.

6. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I did. I saw a female in a blue uniform. It was after Kirk had taken control of the ship. I was almost going to use it as an excuse to wear a man's style uni for Halloween until I realized I want to look at hot as possible for Halloween. :devil:

7. mythicdove

mythicdove Commander Red Shirt

Are you doing ST costume for Halloween this year? :)

8. Crusher Disciple

Even better- I'm going as the original Nurse Chapel as a tribute to Majel. :D I've got the dress ordered, the boots and I'm going to get the tricorder replica. All I'll need is the wig. :D

9. mythicdove

mythicdove Commander Red Shirt

Oh that's so cool!! :D I was thinking about doing Uhura's outfit for Halloween. :D

Nurse Chapel will be awesome for you!

10. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, that does sound like fun! And it sounds like a great costume you're putting together, too. No wonder you're looking forward to it.

11. Crusher Disciple

Yeah, I'm an actress so any time I get a chance to put together a costume I'm all over it. :lol: