Favorite Farscape Quotes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trubinator, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It recently occurred to me while re-watching Farscape that the show is perhaps one of the most easily quotable Sci-Fi programs out there. Pretty much everything that comes out of Crichton's mouth is a lovable pop-culture reference. And almost every other character gets a laugh-out-loud moment each episode. So I thought maybe it would be fun to paste in our favorite quotes. They can be from anybody, and multi-part.

One of my favorites is "All right guys, listen up ... one riot, well-done, hold the mayo -- now!" by Crichton in the "We're so Screwed" trilogy.

But how about the rest of you folks?

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I actually really like the serious quotes from Farscape more than the funny ones. My all-time favorite exchange is the one between Aeryn and John at the end of "Dog with Two Bones."

John: "Say goodbye to me."
    Aeryn: "We don't say goodbyes."
    John: "We do this time. See, you leave, and then you come back, and I can't handle the in between. Say goodbye to me."

3. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Far too many to count, to be honest. But one is definitely this, from "Revenging Angel"

Crichton: Kirk wouldn't stoop that low.
    Harvey: That was a television show, John. And he made Priceline commercials.

4. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Gosh, there are so many, but "Freeze! Don't move! Or I'll fill you full of.......little yellow bolts of light!" was the start of it for me so I gotta post that one. Or the infamous "Welcome to the federation starship SS buttcrack!" or the "Have we sent the "Don't shoot, we're pathetic" transmission yet?" I could go on and on with these. They're all popularly known as "Crictonisms" now.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

One of my favs is the ending of Lion's Den when Scorpy calmly tells John "I may not be leaving this ship, John".

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

And for a split second Crichton actually wants to help Scorpius escape!

7. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

"I'm nobody's puppet!" --Dominar Rygel XVI

That's quite clearly the best quote ever from the series. That said, here are a few of my other favorites:

"Well, this spaceman is going home. Lock up the women and hide the fried chicken!" --Crichton
    "Obfuscation. How the hell does that translate?" --Crichton

8. species5618

species5618 Commodore Commodore

From "Won't Get Fooled Again"

CRAIS THE COP: Freeze! You're under arrest! You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney! If you cannot afford one... tough noogies! You can make ONE phone call! I recommend Trixie: 976-Triple 5-"love"! Do you understand these rights as I have explained them to you?! Well do you, punk?!

CRICHTON: ...No.

CRAIS THE COP: ...THEN I CAN'T ARREST YOU!

:lol:

9. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

10. Trubinator

Pure gold!

There's another one I love (albeit a context specific joke line) from Crichton/Aeryn: "There here ... they're right here! They've been here for an arn. And I just had to ... *breathees*"

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

"Humans. Are. Superior."

But, honestly, anything John Crichton or Harvey said on the show was usually hilarious.

12. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you for this link-what a riot.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Aeryn: "Merry frelling Christmas."

14. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Crichton: ""Now, before anyone decides to get clever, you should know I have multiple dead man's sensors from every culture on my ship, and a few cultures I've haven't heard of. My heart stops? We all go boom. My heart speeds up? It's boom again. Too hot, too cold, too happy, too sad, thirsty, hungry bored... it's John Lee Hooker time. Boom, boom, boom. And if you try your little psychic trick... kaboom. And we're all pushing up day-glo daisies."

15. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Crichton: "Just like Louisiana. Or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives. Little green guy, trains warriors."

16. Trubinator

Crichton: "Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows! How can you guarantee my safety?"