Extended Episodes

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Hermiod, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Are there any extended episodes other than "Pegasus" and "Unfinished Business" ?

This review suggests that the UK version of the complete series Blu-Ray set will have the two I mention, but are there any others I need to worry about ?

The reviewer has only been given the first 14 discs. It sounds like the requisite deleted scenes will be included too.

2. EstoniaKat

EstoniaKat Lieutenant Red Shirt

I understand that the season. 4.5 package will have a much longer version of Daybreak, I and II. I got to talk to Mark Sheppard a couple months ago at FedCon in Bonn. He said that the extended version is light-years better.
    He specifically mentioned the Starbuck scene.
    It will also have an extended unaired version of A Disquiet Follows My Soul. Which if memory serves, was the Moore-directed ep.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Hopefully both will be on the UK Blu-Ray set as well then.

The UK DVD releases have a history of being light on extras but in this case it seems that we may be getting the exact same discs (as Universal does not region protect Blu-Rays) as the US.

4. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

The extended episodes are Pegasus, A Disquiet Follows My Soul, Islanded in a Stream of Stars, and Daybreak. Well, and Razor and The Plan. I don't really count Unfinished Business as an extended episode because it's so obviously a rough cut compared to the other extended episodes.

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

That big box set looks pretty cool... but if it hasn't got The Plan on it then it's not a complete BSG collection is it?
    They could have just waited a couple of months or whatnot to include that on as well.
    Idiots

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I still don't want to lose anything I already have on the DVDs. I felt that with the Ron Moore commentary it shaped up to be a considerably better episode.

7. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Damn, if the only extended episodes were Disquiet and Islanded, I would just get the R2 version. But extended Daybreak? :/

Now I have to decide whether I want to pay more, pay import tax and not be able to play the DVDs on most of my players, or miss out on an improved version of an already great finale!

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

There's no indication yet that the season four extended episodes won't be in the UK set. The reviewer I linked to only has the first 14 discs, conveniently ending at the end of season 3.

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Do the regular DVDs have the extended episodes for Season 4.5?

10. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

They do indeed.

11. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's good to know. :)

Sean