Enterprise theme song switch

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by BlackFire3, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the IAMD theme. And also this version:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PccZebZKF9E[/yt]

2. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    I fully agree. I'm not a huge fan of the singer's voice, but the song is a perfect fit for the premise of the show. I'm not happy with the change they made to the song later on, but whenever I listen to Trek songs, I always listen to the Enterprise theme.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I didn't like it at first, but now I love it. It fits the show really well and separates it from the others. Also the lyrics are perfect for the show's plot.

It IS different from the others so watching the series all back-to-back I was like "whoa what!" when I first saw it. But now I've been watching it for a while and it's grown on me.

4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

That's exactly what they did for the end credits of the pilot, and I didn't mind. To this day, I prefer that version to the singing one. If they had used that instead, it would have been fine.

5. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I agree it would have been fine as an instrumental, however it's the lyrics that fit the show.

I like it just as well without words though.
    I listen to this instrumental version often:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJqwoj96aCE&list=FL_f_80pqfCbcSOHpuAS_ZnQ&index=9[/YT]

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Or if you want it with the opening credits.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctC8PSy_Uc[/yt]

7. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the IAMD theme, and would have preferred it for the entire show. However, I'm not dissing the song they used as a song. I like it, especially the first version.

8. picardo

picardo Lieutenant Red Shirt

I heard this song on the radio today. At first I didn't recognize it, then I googled the lyrics and found it's actually a Rod Stewart song, I didn't know this.

I don't like the song, I always skip the intro (thank you remote control) and I don't like Rod Stewart either. But the fact that I was hearing the song on the radio just intrigued me.

9. Glacial

Glacial Lieutenant Red Shirt

10. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

The song grew on me over time, but I always loved the footage showing mankind's history of exploration, from the oceans, to the skies, to space.

11. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't mind "Faith of the Heart," in fact, I do have the song in my music library to listen to on its own on occasion. I recently got ENT S1 on bluray and was surprised to hear that U2's "Beautiful Day" is what they used for the demos and while they didn't seriously explore this as an option for the televised version, the production crew much prefer it to "Faith of the Heart." I was able to find a version of it on YouTube and it's not bad and definitely more up beat, but I'm not sure it's any better or worse than what we got:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TaI_cX08gc[/yt]

Is there a source for the rumor that "Wherever You Will Go" was the originally intended song? The Youtube link posted a few posts above mine says it was advertised and a commenter verified this. It's not a bad option IMO.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I am amazed no one has done an Archer music video based on "Tubthumping". "I get knocked down, But I get up again, You're never gonna keep me down!"

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Excep for some notable events

first man in space, first woman in space, first space walk, first dual manned space flight, first three person crew in space, first docking between two manned flights in orbit etc..

Yes it was a good title sequence except for a seeming lack of anything but American achievements in space.

14. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

There was no mention of Bedford or Cavor at all.

15. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Too true.

16. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's also this version that has Bakula doing the infamous opening monologue with a more traditional opening sequence. I believe this (or something similar) was first published on StarTrek.com several years ago:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVkSwgDDuuM[/yt]

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Not to bad, except perhaps the monolouge should be "It's mission" rather than "It's continuing mission"

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked that. But people would've inevitably complained they just ripped of TOS/TNG if they went with that I bet. ;)