ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Thena

Thena Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome royalfan5! I was one of those who came back to Trek with Enterprise too, albeit during the third series. Hope you have as much fun catching up with it as I did. :D

2. Jedikatie

Jedikatie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello royalfan5. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    A hearty greetings, welcome and hello to any and all newbies/cadets who've entered since my last visit to this thread...have fun, you mangy dawgs! :D

4. quazar

quazar Captain Captain

Hola!

Long time Scott Bakula fan here, going way back to the days of Quantum Leap. (Anyone remember the other Mission Impossible show that debuted then? Good stuff. And I'm off topic already.)

A bit about me...I'm an avid Star Wars / Star Trek / Doctor Who fan who admittedly is not terribly knowledgable on Enterprise...the series lost me in first run around the second or third episode of the second season. I've since been wanting to go back and finish the series off several times, but to be honest some of the Enterprise forum had scared me off of it. Not because you are bad chaps and lasses mind you...but because of how vehemenetly you all hated the ending. And by all accounts the last season had really picked up. So knowing that i was most likely going to be angry as well, I've avoided it. Seeing & reading about episodes like In a Mirror Darkly & the Xindi arc or the Borg episode make me remember my vow back when I left Enterprise the first time that I would watch it one day the way it was meant to be: on HD DVD with no commercials, stereo surround sound, and a ton of popcorn. I have to admit I felt quite guilty when it was cancelled...I swear I always intended to watch the show. But something just didn't keep bringing me back to it week after week.

Well no longer damn it. I've recently returned to another fandom that I had felt burned by long ago: the X-Men. Now I loved the movies, don't get me wrong. But I used to collect X-Men comics for years until some of the oversaturation of the 90s just killed them for me. So, since I've taken the X-Men back (the Whedon run is amazing, and I'm eagerly awaiting cracking over Christopher Moore's new X-Men novel) Anyhows, I know that the Trip thing has been resolved in a new novel, and since the novels are what brought me back into the Star Trek fold. Greener pastures such as Buffy, Stargate, Doctor Who, & Battlestar Galactica sprang up to take it's place.

The reviews for Last Full Measure have prompted me to pick it up as my first Enterprise novel, and my first foray back into the Faith of the Heart-a-verse since I left so long ago. I look forward to chatting with you all about this show, and possibly seeing what all the hubbub is about when it comes to some of the hotly debated topics in here.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

5. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

welcome quazar

6. Kalen Archer

Kalen Archer Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi quazar, welcome to the forum. :)

7. Jedikatie

Hello quazar! Hope you have fun here! :D

8. Lady Conqueror

Lady Conqueror Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome quazar & royalfan5 and anyone else who's new around here *waves*

9. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hi Lady C! :D

and everyone else too. :)

10. Lady Conqueror

Hi Capn Flukie :D How ya been?

11. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty good! Haven't seen ya around lately, though I don't frequent the Ent forum much anymore. Today is my 5 year anniversay. ;)

Good to see ya again, and a *smooch* for ole times sake. :)

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Once again...this is The Cooleddie giving a hearty shout-out to any greenies and newbies who've joined up since my last stop in here! :thumbsup: :cool:

Hope everyone---new or not---is still havin' fun!

13. Lady Conqueror

I haven't been around much either - due to a combination of things. But when I am it's mostly in here.

*smooch* right back at ya.

14. CosmicGirl

CosmicGirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi. I really don't know what to say,other than I'm very happy to be here. And that Trekkies have to be the politest people I have ever met. I feel good when I'm here.
    You guys have also broken my Card Captor Sakura addiction.I knew I wouldn't last at 4 forums for the same thing.

15. Jedikatie

Hi CosmicGirl! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy yourself here! :)

16. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey, I'm bluedana, and I use that handle on lots of boards. I'm a native Bostonian in my late '30s, married mom of 3, and a lawyer. I'm a TOS fan from way back in the seventies, but ditched partway through TNG's 3rd season (it was like being in space with my best friend's dad, whom I love but, good grief). I ignored DS9 and VOY and came back during the second season of ENT. (Odd as that may seem.)

I was attracted because I'm a big Scott Bakula fan, and stayed because of Archer, but those two things aren't necessarily the same. I don't 'ship anyone at all, and frankly, I like all of the characters as performed - imperfect and interesting.

I've written a few pieces of ENT fan fiction (with the thought that someday I'll "graduate" to writing original fiction and maybe publish a novel), and I hope that some of the discussions and challenges here will push me to write more and better.

17. Kalen Archer

Kalen Archer Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the forum bluedana. :)

18. Lady Conqueror

Welcome CosmicGirl & bluedana

19. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Welcome to the forum CosmicGirl and bluedana.

Hey LadyC ... how are ya? How is Brissieland?

20. USS Relativity

USS Relativity Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well, I haven't posted here in about a year, since Enterprise went off the air, but I am about a semester away from getting my AS Degree in Computer Applications, and I have mostly been watching Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.