ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

This is so, so sudden. ♥ ♥

2. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to start singing that Celine Dion song in a minute :D

3. jespah

/gets into Titanic position/

How do you feel about hanging onto a flying fox off the bow of a big ship about to hit an iceberg?

4. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enterprise

I'm looking forward to getting to know it better!

5. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

aww.... I'm in that group!

I favor Seasons 1 & 2! So depending on what you may like it looks like you're covered; 1, 2, 3, or 4!

6. eyeresist

There are certainly some good things in seasons 1 and 2. What are your favourite episodes?

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I can't speak for anybody else but I know two of my favorite Season 1 and 2 episodes have always been "Shuttlepod One" and "Cogenitor."

8. eyeresist

Not a fan of Cogenitor, but Shuttlepod One is great. How do you feel about Breaking The Ice?

9. cooleddie74

Wasn't that much of a fan at first but as time passed that episode grew on me a little, mostly because of Archer's problems interacting with the Vulcan starship commander and the awkwardness that resulted. Plus: Vulcan snowman. Come on. How do you not like that? :)

10. eyeresist

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you in the threads :)

11. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

I'm new here. I was a member of the old 'TrekSpace' for years but it seems to have faded into oblivion while I was sidelined working on my dissertation. Anyway, the recent death of Leonard Nimoy stirred up an old passion within me so I thought I'd join and reconnect with the Star Trek fan world. Well, I'm a fan of lots of Sci-Fi but Trek has always been nearer and dearer to my heart. I have enjoyed the new movies but they don't give me the stirring feeling of adventure on a weekly basis like the series (all of them) did. I guess I'll keep eating the table scraps they put out every 4 years or so until Paramount or some other studio again gets the cojones to pony up some dough to really re-start the genre. In the meantime, I continue to relive through old episodes of ST, BSG and Stargate...

12. jespah

Howdy! :)

13. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

Those are some of my favorite episodes two. Particularly "Cogenitor"

14. cooleddie74

"Congenitor" was a fan favorite as early as 2002 or 2003 and remains one. A great episode for all sorts of reasons, Connor Trinneer's performance being one of the biggest.

15. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

Not to digress because I know this is a welcome thread, but I think that episode was one of the best of all the series and I say that because it was a big learning moment for Trip that would probably begin to define the basis of the Prime Directive. There are other episodes that fall into definition too. I guess that's what I enjoyed most about Enterprise; that they didn't know anything and were making much of it up as they went along. It kind of filled in some of the blanks between our present time and that of Kirk.

OK, I'm done with derailing this welcome thread. :p

16. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

Hi, all!
    I'm a long time lurker, but I've finally worked up the courage to join in the discussion. You see, I'm an unabashed fan of Enterprise . And I'm made fun of for it...but you all have made me realize that I may find some like minds here!

I grew up with TOS and went to college with TNG..but, when I found Enterprise on Netflix last summer, I fell in love with it. I love Scott Bakula. I gave the show a try because of him, but stayed because of Keating and Trineer. I found the crew refreshingly flawed and human. I enjoyed season 3 because of the moral conflicts they had to go through. My favorite character was initially Trip, but became Malcolm, primarily because he was the first character in the ST-verse that I could personally relate to. Heck, I was kinda the female version of Reed until I got married and had kids.

The threads I've read thus far have shown me that this is a welcoming community with many bright, intelligent and WITTY individuals. I'm looking forward to reading more of your commentariat!

17. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard Willow!!

18. jespah

.....W
    ......i
    ......l
    ......l
    Hello
    .....w

:cool:

19. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Another old (68) ENT fan here, Willow. Don't feel like an outsider.

20. cooleddie74

Welcome! I hope you have a lot of fun in the forum, and feel free to ask questions if necessary! :)