ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Thena

Thena Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I almost hesitate to take this completely OT, but as you can tell I'm also a Potter fan with my own favorite ship that only lives in the realm of fanfiction. When I first heard of these stories pairing Hermione with Snape, I was like, "Ew." Now I can't get enough of them. Heck, I even wrote one.

2. Kalen Archer

Kalen Archer Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't ship at all for anyone in Harry Potter (so refreshing after Enterprise), but I have read some Snape/Hermione fics. I am tempted to write a Snape romance (I previously went for the other popular subject of choice when it comes to Snape fics - long lost child :D) because the idea of Snape in love is somewhat fascinating.

I've even found myself reluctantly conceding to the "Snape loved Lily" theory, although I'm horrified on poor Harry's behalf!

I'm also setting a very bad example by chattering on like this, so I'll stop now. :o

3. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean us oldies get to introduce ourselves again? Sweet!

I'm somebody, (I have to get to know you better before I share my name) and I'm a 29 year old mom of 4. As to my profession, I'm a mommy. :p I am an aspiring writer and a crummy cartoonist, though. (Yeah, I'm not gonna show you so don't ask. :p)

I got into ENT when a friend told me that it was getting good in the third season. I started at "Countdown" but I don't think I became an avid fan until "Home".

My favorite characters should be obvious from both my avatar and signature--and if that's changed sometime: it's Soval and Trip, but I thought the show had a decent cast all in all. And I [whisper]even like Archer--a lot![/whisper]

I have sinced watched the entire first and third seasons and am working my way through the second. It's a good show. And I'm sad it got cancelled! :(

4. Jedikatie

Jedikatie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, if we're doing the intro thing again for the older posters too...

My name is Katie (hard to guess with a handle like Jedikatie, right? :lol:). I'm 34 for two more days, then I turn 35 on Thursday. And eight days after that my dad turns 70. And the day after that my youngest niece is 2. And four days after that is my brother's 34th birthday. Can you tell November is the birthday month in my family? :lol:

I have 3 nieces, one (frequently annoying, smart-aleck) brother, and an almost 14 year old Pekingnese/spaniel mix dog. I have a bachelor's degree in Classics (which was easier than aerospace engineering, my original major, and didn't require calculus :lol:), and have wanted to be an astronaut since I got my first telescope when I was about 8 or 9 years old.

I've watched Star Trek since I was a little kid. I also love Alien Nation, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Farscape, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books, Ghostbusters, Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series, and Colleen McCullough's First Man in Rome series, among many others.

5. Rigil Kent

Rigil Kent Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I guess I classify as an older poster now...weird. :wtf:

Right, my handle is Rigil for reasons too unnecessarily complicated to go into here. I'm a 33 year old ex-infantryman who was in Desert Storm. Been a sci-fi and fantasy geek forever. Until ENT, I had dropped out of Trek almost entirely because I didn't like TNG-era stuff. Liked a lot of the characters on ENT in season 1, quit watching in season 2 (like, unfortunately, too many people) but came back in season 3.

Aspiring writer who has never written fanfic before...now I've got two actual stories under my belt and I'm working on the third. :thumbsup:

6. Kevin Thomas Riley

Kevin Thomas Riley Admiral Admiral

In Engineering singing "Kathleen" with T'Pol
    Well, I guess I'll throw my weight around here too!

I'm 37 years old. Got hooked on Star Trek when I was a wee lad in the 70s and they aired some original series episodes in my country. My nick reflects that. I was already a huge space and sci-fi geek so Trek was just up my alley. Spock was the favourite character and I have had a fascination for Vulcans ever since, and as I got older I seemed to appreciate the pointy-eared gals as much (T'Pring, Saavik) and now I'm hopelessy devoted to the Vulcan goddess T'Pol!

I got pretty tired of the über-perfect TNG era in Trek but I watched what I could of that show and of VOY. When ENT came along it was a breath of fresh air. I love the prequel setting. Although season 2 was less than inspired I stuck around. For one I learned online that things were going to improve in season 3 and, well, if I could stomach 7 years of VOY then I should survive one measly season worth of ENT. Besides, I wanted my T'Pol fix.

Never in a million years would I have considered myself a "shipper" by any stretch so imagine my surprise when Trip and T'Pol sucked me right in. :eek: Now I cannot imagine ENT without them! :thumbsup:

7. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I guess i should introduce myself properly :D

Hello, my real name is err... no i wont give that! anyway im 24 years old. Currently single (heh - should i have said?) I go to university in Scarborough (part of Hull uni). I study the Environmental sciences. Im getting into the marine sciences a bit (not just marine biology) because we share the first year with marine biologists. This is the only other forum i post on and id love to work out if anyone else in bbs posts on that other *snigger*.

Im getting into Enterprise as i said. Favorite characters? not watched enough to determine but i do like Archer :drool: (one man and his dog), T'pol seems to be cool, Trip... oh heck i like 'em all! Big Trek fan since i was small. but not a proper Trekkie though id love to go to a conference one day, not to meet the stars (im shy!) but to see what its like.

Anyway... before i start babbling incoherantly like i always do (even in real life).. i better stop.

ooh! there are no reruns here at the moment, so i have to sit and wait

8. Thena

:guffaw: Y'all know that Thena isn't my legal name, right?

9. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Me:

I'm a high school teacher
    I'm a single mom
    I'm a huge Trek fan from the 70s
    My birthday is in November
    I love Harry Potter (but the idea of a 'ship for Snape and Hermoine is kinda gross...um...isn't that pedophelia? :wtf:)
    I kinda always 'shipped for Harry and Hermoine
    I do 'ship for Trip and T'Pol
    I 'shipped for Mulder and Scully
    I just like to 'ship apparently

I'll stop now...if ya wanna know me (for those who don't) just read my posts...I'm pretty consistant!

:D

10. star

:vulcan: You're not the more feminine, less butch twin of Zena the Warrior Princess?

Damn.

:p

11. Thena

Not once Hermione turns 17 and if the story is set in her post-Hogwarts years... which a lot of fic authors do to avoid the wrath of Jo Rowling and her lawyers.

Just like how Trip's death never happened because it was on the holodeck. :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of Thena the Warrior Goddess. :p

12. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

I'm Tim, I'm 23 years old and from England.

I enjoy getting drunk and going on wild nights out amongst other things that my mother would not approve of.

I used to be a massive Enterprise fan but since the series ended I've kind of left it behind, it doesn't quite have the same lasting appeal as the previous Star Trek shows in my opinion. I didn't even bother watching the last few episodes of the series! I'm giving it a few years before I watch the series again - by which time the DVD box sets will be priced a bit better and hopefully the series will be a bit more fresher. :)

Anyway, I'm still moderating this forum, don't know how I lasted so long!

13. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Represent! :)

14. star

:lol: How'd I miss that?

I too love American Football. I'm a 49ers fan, since a guy I dated in high school introduced me to the subtle complexities of the sport and ingrained in me the love of red and gold.

But I do root for the Patriots as well, just not with the same ardor that I do for the 49ers.

15. Jenna

Jenna Vice Admiral Admiral

Jenna is my real name. :) It's in every handle I have, except my Livejournal.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Peeking out from under my lurker rock to say "Hey!". I'm Kristie,a 30-something mom of two who has been a Trek fan since I was still in the single digits.The hubby is a Trek fan too, so we're indoctrinating the kiddies now and they love it (especially my 11 yr old son!). I was pretty psyched when Enterprise first aired but for one reason and another I never made it through the first half of season 1 and only really "re-discovered" it once it had been cancelled. I'm almost glad I wasn't watching it while it was airing though, because having it cancelled the way it was would have really infuriated me! :mad:

At least it'll live forever in fanfic!**sniffle**

17. Thena

As someone who became a fan at the start of season 4 and lived through that cancellation nightmare, I can tell you that it wasn't pleasant.

In the hysteria leading up to the announcement, when we believed that it could go either way, I got so overwhelmed that I opted to go on vacation to Las Vegas to get away from constantly checking TrekBBS for rumors. Oh, and that little matter of losing my job right after Christmas had something to do with it as well. And I was good. I didn't check TrekBBS at all. What I did not count on was checking my friends list on Livejournal and seeing "CANCELLED!!! CANCELLED!!! CANCELLED!!!" three days into my trip.

18. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

Hi everyone. I have lurked here now for some time now. I hail from Texas and currently reside in Virginia. TOS and Neil Armstrong landing on the moon are among my early TV memories, and I am sorry to say I have memories of both when they were originally aired. I love both TOS and TNG, although VOY and DS9 never caught my fancy. My first and second episodes of ENT were “Fight or Flight” and “Marauders”, but it wasn’t until “The Expanse” that I got hooked. I managed to get my husband to religiously watch ENT by midway in the third season, and he will rarely watch anything with commercials.

I love Scott Bakula’s portrayal of Captain Archer in the third season, and he nearly broke my heart in Similitude. My favorite characters are Trip because he loves the Enterprise the way Scotty did in TOS, and Phlox because he portrays a nearly perfect physician.

I rarely talk about Trek to anyone, and I am heartbroken that ENT ended so soon, but I am glad that that you all are here to share your love (and even distaste sometimes) of ENT.

19. Jedikatie

Jedikatie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi ELK! Welcome to the board. :) Hope you enjoy yourself.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

ELK, where in Virginia do you live? I spent three years in Chesapeake, and I hated it there. :lol: