Earth

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 14, 2008.

1. simmsbc

simmsbc Lieutenant Red Shirt

But they have to be amenable because they have almost no genetic variety and are unable to be reborn any more so they have to keep the humans around just so that they can have the genetic diversity to maintain a healthy population. So killing off the humans would also be suicide for the cylon race.

2. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really. The Cylons didn't have resurrection technology during the First War, they just built more. So, the only ones that have be amenable are the skinjobs. But they're still just machines, and there are many copies. The Centurions also have free will now too. They may decide to just start over like their progenitors did.

3. simmsbc

simmsbc Lieutenant Red Shirt

So maybe the next battle will be with the humans and the skinjobs against the toasters. Will the imperious leader make an appearance (12th cylon?)?

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

Anders' resistance also had a sufficient supply of anti-radiation medication to last them a number of months post-"The Farm." We don't know that the fleet has enough of a supply to be able to recolonize the Colonies at this time.

5. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Golden Gate Bridge has steel bases. The bridge shown clearly has masonry bases. The Brooklyn Bridge has masonry bases. Of course there are other masonry bridges that are possible, but it can't be the Golden Gate Bridge.

6. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, intelligent talking apes, maybe? ;)

7. CPT Frank

CPT Frank Cadet Newbie

The lack of our atypically large moon is a major give away that this is not our Earth. I felt kinda pissed that this was the cliffhanger that's supposed to keep us interested until next year. I feel that most of this season was wasted on unimportant sub plots and now they give us this obvious trick.

8. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

You can't always see the moon. There weren't even any distant shots where you'd expect to see the moon. The moon is probably just out of frame.

9. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

The Final Cylon is the moon. You heard it here first.

10. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

Waiting for the "higher power" to enter the game. Kara said she was there (on Earth), she didn't mention devastation.

11. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

Well, she was only above/near Earth. She didn't land or even entered the atmosphere.

If the Fleet didn't notice the devastation from orbit, then Starbuck didn't either.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Well, you did predict everything else that's happened so far.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

That's no moon!

14. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if 4x11 will pick up directly after this scene, or if there'll be an explanatory type voice over from Roslyn or Adama or someone...

"We've discovered that the 13th Colony split into hundreds of nation countries. There was a war between several of the major powers, which killed off large proportions of the population. We have however discovered a family in an area called "Walnut Grove" who have invited us to stay nearby. A local shopkeeper called "Nels" is also being helpful.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

You're right, it's a Doctor Moon. The RTF just have to activate it, and it will fix the irradiated and uninhabitable Earth. :techman:

16. Paxil

Paxil Vice Admiral

Could you have possibly missed the reference given your name?

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Oh, I got the reference, I just decided to reference something else instead.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh brother, this is turning into something like LOST forums, just a mess of crazy ass ideas.

There is no moon because the shot didn't show the moon!
    There is no moon on the planet because it is a wasteland, or maybe there is just a new moon!

And The Golden Gate Bridge? Really? Can we think before hand? The land was flat! There is no flat land near the Golden Gate Bridge.

19. Leroy

Leroy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was no moon in that shot because it's a space station!

20. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't say if it is Earth or not, it looks like this is purposely left to be an open question at this point. I will say I think it would be more interesting if it turned out to be Earth, rather than just having the fleet pack up their bags and return to the road looking for the "Real Earth".