Dune newbie questions

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

After finishing it again, there is one aspect of the Children of Dune miniseries which I'm not thrilled with: the way Duncan's sacrifice and Stilgar's attack never come to anything. The story just ends before Stilgar reaches the city.

I don't recall whether it was that way in the book or not, but it's always a bit of an anticlimax on screen.

2. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    I enjoyed all of the books... Although I never read any of the books...
    I did however listen to them all on audiobook... a much better way to read...
    I listened to them in both the order written... and the chronological order.

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Man, you've been smoking some strong stuff - that never happened... and there were no highlander sequels either...

4. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:wtf:

Er. Um. So, things I'm glad I haven't done: Read those books?

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't believe I totally forgot about this thread. I've made some more progess on the book, I'm about 60 pages into it now, i(t's slow going because I've been working more on the last ST: Vanguard book which I am almost done with) and I'm starting to follow it alot better and am enjoying it alot more. I'm already noticing alot of stuff that was cut out of the Lynch movie.