Drexler's Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by TrekToday, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For many Star Trek: Enterprise fans, the show ended way too soon, and a group of fans, led by Doug Drexler, are hoping to bring a fifth season to Netflix. “The voyages of the NX-01, with Captain Archer, Trip, T’Pol, and the rest of the crew ended just as the show was finally beginning to [...]

More...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Re: Drexler?s Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

Oh my God! Just enjoy the show for what it was. Not every single cancelled show needs a follow up. And has anyone thought about how ridiculous these people are going to look trying to pick up characters where they left off a decade ago?

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, no one remembers TMP through TUC anymore. :shifty:

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good point. I always enjoyed the TOS movies way more than TOS itself.

5. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Even if Netflix did bring it back (never gonna happen!), the budget would be a fraction of what it was - it would be Mayweather in a small room talking about still being an ensign.

6. Melakon

And he'd be complaining about former ensign Hoshi now being a commander.

7. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

No, it wouldn't - Mayweather didn't have that many lines! ;)

Sorry, Doug - after 4 years of Zombie Star Trek, I don't see any good reason to try to make it walk again. Leave that coffin shut, locked, chained and buried - better to start a new show from scratch without the B&Baggage.

8. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Glad I'm not alone in that! :techman:

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Too bad you weren't around when they tried to revive zombie-TOS.

10. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

If Drexler and Coto are involved - these guys are FANS and sticklers for making things look good. Even if the budget was small i'm sure they would make the most of it without sacrificing quality. I think the hardest part would be getting Bakula again. Realistically, the best we could hope for would probably be a 5-part mini-series sort of thing; maybe as a test to see if a full-fledged new series on Netflix is viable.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know I don't think reviving Enterprise is worthwhile, but if others do, I don't see any reason to tell them they shouldn't try. I never got why people think they have to be against something someone else does just because they don't think it's plausible. If we get a 2 hour tv movie out of the deal years later somehow, great. Can't be worse than TATV.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Enterprise was an improvement over much of what had been produced as Star Trek after 1994...but I think that ship has sailed.

In a number of respects Abrams's first Trek movie was conceptually similar to Enterprise. The producers of the series had a good sense of what needed to be done in order to jump-start the Franchise, but at best faltering notions of how to execute the necessary changes.

Still, if it weren't for Star Trek: Enterprise we wouldn't be about to see Into Darkness on the big screen - so good for Enterprise. :techman:

13. BillJ

Broken Bow cost Paramount $12 million dollars to produce in 2001.

14. Melakon

They might be pushing this idea just to see if Paramount/CBS bites, and The Suits say "You know what? Try it as a new series instead. Here's some seed money."

15. BillJ

Doubtful. Paramount/CBS seems to be keeping a pretty tight grip on who does what with the franchise these days. Pocket had a series of four Abramsverse books ready to be published which were yanked at the last minute.

When a new series is greenlit, it'll be under the very tight control of Paramount/CBS.

16. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd love to see this happen. Even if it just got a Farscape or Babylon 5 reunion type TV movie made.

Shared a link to the Facebook page at a few online places I regularly visit. I wish them all the best of it. But my fire for pushing my luck and going on & on about campaigns as long since gone out. All those Enterprise banners and videos showing what a fantasy Season 5 title sequence might look like, make me feel more than a little nostalgic, I'll admit.

17. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Unless Netflix picks up RHW 'untitled' thing or the next great space opera first then watch how fast CBS is going to scamble to put on some half assed anything, especially if Netflix is successful with something else out of GR's and BB's shadow. Who needs trek if you can have something better with spaceships that is hopeful and optomistic. IMO it's highly replaceble. Likely or not.

18. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The campaign is to have everyone to watch Enterprise on Netflix, not for the 5th season shown on Netflix, but to be shown on one the Viacom networks, CBS, CW, Syfy or any networks that will take it.
    But I doubt that they will start filming a fifth season. More likely,they will make a Enterprise movie, a mini series or start a new series, with a new ship, with a new crew, which take place in the same time period as the NX01.

19. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They still could use Conner without setting the fifth season before the final episode. All they have to do, is to write it into the stroy that Trip had a twin brother.

A starship name Enterprise can be use after 2161. Remember that in first season of star trek, maybe the second season as well, the NCC-1701 was a United Earth ship, not a federation ship. It didn't come a federation ship until second or third season.

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

This. I really liked Enterprise, but it's time is passed. If there is to be more live-action Trek series, I want something fresh. A recast continuation of JJ Abrams' movies would be the most logical - like what Stargate SG-1 was to the original Stargate movie.

The Enterprise NCC-1701 was "always" a Federation ship. They just hadn't finalized the terminology and backstory of the Trek universe at the time - see also "time warp drive", "materializer", "lasers" and "Vulcanian" in the earliest of TOS. Or "Bajora" instead of "Bajoran" in their earliest appearences in TNG.

Otherwise, it would be like the US Navy building the most advanced battleship they could - and then having it NOT represent the entire United States or the US Navy, but some much smaller government - like New York City, and flying the flag of a NY yachting club.

That said, the name Enterprise can be used after the founding of the Federarion, no trouble. ENT was never shy about modifying continuity to suit it's stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.