Does nu-Trek exclude Enterprise too?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by YARN, Dec 30, 2012.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the Expanse won't, er, well, expand, but everything else in that timeline like the existence of the Enterprise J or the Klingons eventually joining the Federation should continue to happen.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Why?

The ships in that version of the 26th century were likely designed to work and fight in the Expanse. There would no longer be a reason to design ships with that in mind. The Enterprise-J without Sphere Builder influence could be radically different.

3. The Wormhole

Eh, I just prefer to assume that anyway. Usually so I can consider the Enterprise J to be completely canonical.

4. BillJ

Fair enough. :techman:

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Since the Enterprise-J existed in a parallel universe where the Expanse grew from the 22nd century to encompass the huge amount of space it did by the 26th, I would assume that every version of the Enterprise from the Ent-Nil to the Ent-J would have looked quite different than the prime universe versions. Because the Ent-J shares many similarities to the NX-01's design, I would also assume that all the other Enterprises in between did as well, which the Prime universe's Ents-Nil through E did not.

6. The Wormhole

The similarities between the Enterprise J and NX-01 weren't meant to be intentional. They just needed something quickly to display on that monitor and so they just modified the CG mesh of the NX-01 to make it look futiristic. Interestingly enough though, if you remove the saucer from the Enterprise J you could have something that seems to be an evolution of Klingon design merged with Federation technology. I always thought that was kind of cool.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I came across this while googling and thought it might be of interest. Someone who was there when they were filming the Starfleet Academy scenes at the CSUN's Oviatt Library says there was a picture of the NX-01 inside the building.
    http://trekmovie.com/2008/03/18/csun-transformed-into-academy/#524276

Comment 65:
    Comment 86:
    Comment 129:
    Sounds like they were filming the scene where the cadets run to see Nero's drill beam firing into the bay.

If this account is true and the inside of the library was dressed, maybe the NX-01 picture would have been visible through the glass if they'd shot Kirk and McCoy's pre-Kobayashi Maru scene coming down the stairs from a different angle or started talking inside the building or something.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Well, if we haven't seen this painting of the futuristic NX-01 for five years, I doubt we'll see it any time soon.

9. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Both Temporal agency books are great

10. shatastrophic

shatastrophic Commander Red Shirt

Yeah but in the upcoming Film Star Trek Into Water, when the nu-crew goes back to 1986 to get humpback whales they are gonna run into the original crew doing the same thing.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

How do you figure that? If they Time Travel in a "Branch timelines" manner, they will create a new timeline, so, the original TOS crew won't be there. If they time travel in a "Within your own tmeline" manner, then they are the only original crew

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The whale probe might not even encounter Earth in this timeline. There could be any number of things that divert it.

13. shatastrophic

shatastrophic Commander Red Shirt

Yeah I know...but all in good fun

14. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Voyager got sent to the Delta Quadrant in 2371. First Contact happened in 2373 (SD 50893.5). They got Seven right at the beginning of 2374 (SD 51003.7 is "Scorpion Pt.2"). So they wouldn't know about that whole incident (and no one historically knew about the Borg, even with that one episode of ENT), but Seven would know because she was still a Borg when it happened.

15. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whether it was Jonathan or a descendant (he'd be 140 or so) is one of those things up for interpretation. However, it is clearly an allusion to Enterprise.

16. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    Braga recently revealed that Future Guy was an older Jonathan Archer. Does the book identify him as someone else?

17. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That line made me laugh. I was definitely thinking of Enterprise's Archer. They could've just been calling him Admiral as a courtesy even if he was long since not active.

18. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Braga was speaking (or tweeting) from the wrong end. They had previously said that Future Guy "was probably Romulan" and that they never had any real plan for the character.

Future Guy in DTI: Watching the Clock is definitely not Jonathan Archer. He's revealed to be...
    A Romulan/Suliban/Tandaren hybrid named Jamran Harnoth.

19. BillJ

I always thought Future Guy should've been Henry Archer.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  20. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Archer's beagle says woof.