Digital comics are they worth it ? disscussion and comments:

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by timothy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

STAR WARS DIGITAL COMICS october release:

wensday 5th:

• Star Wars:Legacy # 9 -12
    wensday 12th:

• Star Wars: Crimson Empire # 1-6
    • Star Wars: Invasion: Revelations # 4
    • Star wars; The Old Republic: The lost suns # 5
    • Star Wars: Crash Course
    wensday 26th:

• Star Wars Knight Errant: Deluge # 3
    • Star Wars Darth Maul
    • Star Wars Chewbacca and the Slavers of the shadowlands
    okay thats the star wars digital comic release for this month. I just wish that Buffy the vampire slayer and angel and faith would be released in digital form.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'll probably keep getting the BTVS/Angel comics in TPB, but I would prefer digital.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Interesting. It would seem that Marvel is in the initial test stages of a system to give free digital copies to readers who buy a paper copy of their $3.99 books. They plan their initial test with the release of Avenging Spider-Man #1.

It reminds me how many movies are packaged these days-- with the Blu-Ray, DVD and a digital.

The only downside seems to be, that in this initial test at least, the code will eventually expire.

Retailers are encouraged to participate (although some are rather upset by the whole notion) by a fifty cent rebate paid to them for every digital copy downloaded by their customers and future incentives will include the distribution of coupons redeemable at the brick and mortar stores.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

IDW has added a whole bunch of new stuff to Comixology. They've added:
    All six issues of Jericho Season 3
    Two issues of Locke & Key: Clockworks
    Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter, and The Outfit
    Two issues of Rocketeer Adventures
    The first issue of Star Trek: Onging
    True Blood's first 6 issue miniseries, and the first two issues of French Quarter

5. timothy

that's awesome JD thanks for the news.

6. timothy

the first 9 issues of warlord of mars and the first 6 issues of deja thoris are now aviable on comixology. as is the star trek/legion of super heroes crossover.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've added some of the Ghostbusters stuff, and the second half of Star Trek: Countdown, and all of TNG: Ghosts.

8. timothy

yep it keeps getting better every day.I may be getting the kindel fire so I will be able to comics on it the color won't do it unless you root it and I don't want to do that.

I was planing on getting back into the x-men and I stoped right after house of m where do would you recomend I pick it up at?

9. timothy

www.comixology.com :bolian::techman::bolian::techman: https://digital.darkhorse.com/new/

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  10. timothy

http://www.swbooks.co.uk/

star wars november comic relealse:

Crimson Empire 3: empire lost #1
    Legacy #13-16

Empire #1-4
    Boba Fett: over kill

Purge 2: Seconds to die
    Dark Times #1-5

Knight Errant: Deluge #4
    Invasion: Revelations #5
    Invasion #0-5
    Boba Fett and the ship of fear
    Knights of the old republic #19-24

The Will Of Darth Vader
    Legacy #17-20

okay the kindle fire is now out I was wondering if any one has picked it up yet and what do they think of it? coming out this week is the NC2.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Kindle Fire hasn't been released yet; it comes out on the 15th.

12. timothy

I know I got over excited about it. I am thinking this is the way to over the new nc2.

13. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Going waay back to the original question, my only concern about digital comics is the same I have with e-books. They should be a compliment not a replacement. If too many lazy people see them as being a replacement (both in terms of having to pay for them - just like e-books I'm sure you can find "free" copies if you know where to look) that could cause problems for those of us who actually enjoy having the physical item - both from an esthetic and from a collector's point of view.

Unlike e-books, however, I don't immediately fear digital comics spelling doom for print comics or comic shops. But I am concerned that it might render print versions as "instant collectables". And by that I mean if Marvel, say, decides it will only print 1000 copies of Captain America because it does most of its sales in digital, you're going to see the same biting and scratching for those 1000 copies as you see when a limited-edition action figure or premium edition of a comic becomes available. And those who want to read the print version are going to have to pay through the nose. (I remember back in 1989 Mad Magazine came out with an edition spoofing the Tim Burton Batman movie. Even though the Mad was still available at the local corner store for $2.99 or whatever the cover price was, several comic shops started putting $10 on their copies, just because it had Batman on it. And guess what - they sold because people thought they were collectables. I wouldn't put it past some shop to start slabbing and jacking up the price on "rare" print editions of the latest issue of Wonder Woman ...)

Alex

14. timothy

well all that is all I want to do is add to my collection and have it with me when I travel. if I don't want to read a book I got my comics. and I can go back and read marvel or dc if I chose to. and try some independent companies such boom or image.

and if I wanted to say start at the begining of x-men I can with out paying high dollar.

15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Barnes & Noble just announced their Nook Tablet (what everyone was calling Nook Color 2). Looks like they'll be countering Kindle Fire's DC titles with a slate of Marvel titles for the Nook. (mentioned halfway down the page)

16. timothy

17. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing about these Luddite ravings makes sense to me.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

But they are a replacement, that's the whole point.

19. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

It's like they're both trying to kill the comic industry...

20. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, just about the last thing comics needs is a console war.