Did everyone love the three Enterprises scene in TATV?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Dream, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It has been years since the series finale, and I promised myself that I will never watch TATV ever again because of how disappointed I was, but I have to say rewatching that final monologue on YT with the three Enterprises and three captains still makes me geek out. It was one of the best moments of the show for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6R3MiAv9ac

How did you feel when you saw the scene for the first time, and do you still feel the same way?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's the only good part of the episode. It is pretty awesome.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I didn't see the episode for the first time until 3 weeks ago, and it left such a bad impression I haven't watched it since. Too much emphasis on the 24th century for my taste, instead of the main characters. Riker and Troi and Picard and Kirk should not have been in there at all. For me, the "Space, the final frontier" bit should have shown only NX-01.

4. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

I'd not seen that before. Sent shivers down my spine.

dJE

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a nice little scene, I felt it slighted DS9 and Voyager... though admittedly working them into it would've been awkward at best.

I think would've been a better sendoff if the episode itself was more a celebration of Enterprise's four years as it should've been.

6. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

My only thought was "so It was only a holo program. ;)
    And it was good to see the Enterprise-D again.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just because those three Enterprises smile and eat chicken doesn't make the episode any better.

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

This.

Also, that scene is as much a part of TATV, as Strange New World 30 sec. promo was a part of Broken Bow. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The other problem I had with that scene is it was derivative of something already done in one of those Donald R. Beck documentaries, so it wasn't a new concept for me. And his version included DS9.

10. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

It felt like a rose after the demolition of a house. Here ya go. See, pretty flower! Be happy!

Er, my house is gone.

But it's a really pretty flower!

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing could have looked good immediately after that finale. I was more pleased to see Archer walk out into the big stadium Daniels showed him in "Zero Hour" - I was hoping we'd get an angle showing him looking down on himself! But even that scene was somewhat ruined by the facepalm-worthy one-piece costume they put him in.

12. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I was too f**ked off to feel anything about it.

However it was a nice scene but the whole episode tainted anything I might have felt.

13. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

It was OK but didn't appease the fact that they really screwed up the rest of the episode.

14. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

It is one of my favorite parts of the episode.

15. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

That scene is wonderful - love it! As for the episode itself, it's certainly fairly weak, but not quite as heinous as many believe. As a mid season filler, I might have given it a pass as a perfunctory effort - but it definitely doesn't cut the mustard as a season/franchise finale.

16. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It was a nice thumbs up after the middle finger that was that episode.

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

You might wanna rephrase this. ;)

18. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Needed more warping into the distance.

And actually seeing Archer make the famous speech in the first place would've been nice.

19. moriluk

moriluk Ensign Red Shirt

This was what I was going to say. It would have been really nice if they allowed him to give the actual speech.

What ruined this episode was that the show was canceled. This was the real tragedy. And as a result they had to cram a bunch of stuff in there, very contrived.

I never completely understood all the animosity of bringing in TNG characters (including earlier episodes with Brent Spiner). I thought it added to the show, not took away from it.

Most people I know outside of the nets that like star trek in varying degrees do not like ENT. They think it is ignorable, unimportant, poorly cast, poorly written, poorly directed, and just a joke. I feel TATV helps give it's place in Star Trek.

On this note, I am at least glad they had the commen sense and courtesy to the fans to actually wrap it up. I was a huge fanboy of Terminator scc and still want to face slap Josh Friedman for having such a massive cliffhanger at teh end (strong evidence suggests that he knew there was at least a chance that the show would not get renewed). In fact, I have now noticed there have been a number of sci fi shows over the last 10 years that have been canceled after massive cliffhangers. Imagine Voyagers fans if the show was canceled after season 3?! nerd riots.

At least ENT had the decency to give us an actual ending. And I think tying together all the Enterprise captains was excellent and no disrespect to DS9 or Voyager (as those shows were not the voyages of the starship Enterprise).

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't care about an "actual ending". I care about a good story. Demons/Terra Prime was a great double episode. TATV was a piece of clapped together crap. Sticking Mr. Smarmy in there and making the supposed ENT finale his story just ground that crap in deeper.