Did cavill move the colony to earth?

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by TEH BABA, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Cid Highwind

Cid Highwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jupiter's ring system isn't very prominent - if that planet was meant to be Jupiter, depicting it without a visible ring system wouldn't really be a big error.

For the record, though: I'm not saying that this planet absolutely, positively has to be Jupiter... we've seen a Jupiter-like planet, and we've seen the Orion constellation several times now. Perhaps that planet was meant to be Jupiter, in the system they've already visited - perhaps it was Jupiter in a yet-unknown, neighbouring system - perhaps the CGI artists just like NASA's image database so much... ;)

2. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

If they really wanted it to be Jupiter it would have been easy enough to show the eye, or one of the more recognisable moons.

3. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. And, the sun would be tiny.

4. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

Everyone's an astronomer.

5. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

That Gas giant was just one of the many stopping points on her journey... Remember her cursing the ship because it had an old jump drive that couldn't make the trip in one jump?

6. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was it just general radiation that affected Loeben at @ Ragarok or was there something specific to it.

After all the Colonials didn't seem to have an issue (no radiation suits) or maybe it was just an issue with the log term exposure?

did it have an general effect on the Cylon or just his ability to download after Adama finished him off with the torch?

7. LLAP

LLAP Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But look there on the left, could be the Great Red Spot - which is, of course, unique to Jupiter.:vulcan:

8. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In retrospect I think Leoben might have just been lying. To what end, who knows?

Of course, after this last episode, I have to question the radiation on Earth even more, because the Cylons live inside the accretion disk of a black hole. I guess the Cylon Colony is a big lead box.

9. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

At any rate, the colony's not on earth. . .

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Leoben wasn't lying. The radiation affected Doral the same way at the end of the miniseries when he was left for dead on the station.

They didn't mention exactly what it was, just that "something" had an effect on the Cylons silica relays in their brain.

11. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm. There was a specific type of radiation there flooding the compound. If I recall, it was an ammunition depot, specifically placed there because this particular radiation was known to be deadly to the Cylons. Wasn't it?

12. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, I think you're right.

On the plus side, I just invented my own Cylon detector. All I need is a small sample of nerve tissue and a spectrometer.:p

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I knew I was right, but thanks for the validation. :p

14. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

Is the OP trying to speculate that that big asteroid looking thing is supposed to be Earth? Not unless it was imploded from within and a black hole came wandering thru the system...
    Im starting to think that everyone is going to fall into the black hole and end up on Earth...

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Or back in time.