Did cavill move the colony to earth?

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by TEH BABA, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Just a spec.

2. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unlikely. Radiation levels were lethal to even Cylons.

3. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

That's kinda my guess. They'll call this "Colony" planet Earth. . . :shifty:

4. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boomer in her jumps toward the Cylon Colony jumped in the vicinity of a planet that resembled Jupiter, at least I thought that's what it was.

I'm still of the mind that the Cylon "Earth" and our Earth are two different planets.

Sharr

5. CaptainHarlock

CaptainHarlock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

* Yeah, I noted the "Jupiter" too. Would be the final battle ending in the real Earth?

6. Kaijima

Kaijima Captain Captain

You can't really trust RDM not to lie in interviews, because he has before (or close enough to it). So, when he or others claim "we won't see another Earth", don't believe it.

It's possible that nobody will call our Earth by its name /on the screen/ too, but we might be given clues that it is indeed the real world Earth.

Here's a funky thought. What if not all of the clues to Earth's location in the show were pointing towards Cylon Earth? What if the tomb of Athena and the holographic representation of Earth and the stone circle were related to the /real/ Earth? What if Cavil sussed out some clue from Colonial mythology pointed towards the real Earth, since he would already know - via the Final Five - about Cylon Earth?

7. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think the "colony" was a planet, it looked like some sort of asteriod ship. If anything the survivors of the battle would crash land on a planet that looks like our earth.

-Chris

8. Janus VI

Janus VI Captain Captain

hmmm so they've reached stage two of Project Genesis then.

9. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Commodore Commodore

I, too, thought that Boomer jumped her Raptor in the vicinity of a planet that looked like Jupiter. I ran this by one of my friends and he said he didn't know what Jupiter looked like :wtf:

10. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That seemed odd, seeing as how they were plenty capable of walking around Caprica after the rain, and it had been days since the nuclear holocaust, as opposed to two thousand years.

11. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Examples?

I know RDM got a lot of shit for lying about Starbuck's 'death', although that appears to have been totally true, in retrospect.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Um...where did he go to school? I'll second your :wtf:

Frankly, anybody who believed RDM and Katee when they said Starbuck was gone was just...not very smart.

13. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

RDM said Starbuck was dead. Turns out she was dead. I don't see a problem.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I don't either.

But I'm pretty sure they also said Katee was leaving the show for good (keep in mind this was also right at the time she started working for Bionic Woman).

15. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

Just checked it out again, and it does very much look like Jupiter. Not sure about the distance to the sun or which moon that might be in the shot, but I think its a striking resemblance :techman:

16. Cid Highwind

Cid Highwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes - "Hey, it's Jupiter" was my first thought about that scene as well. :)

17. CaptainHarlock

CaptainHarlock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

* Screenshots. Maybe the sun is too bright to be our jupiter/sun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Apogeal Alpha01

You're right about that, it's a bit of a discordant plot hole. Perhaps we could think that there might have been a difference in the type of weapons used, dirtier, or more of them used on Earth. We know that there were many more survivors after the attack on Caprica - weeks and months later. If the Cylons had carpet bombed the planet, the blasts would have killed everyone, and risidual fallout would have killed the survivors in short order.

The story goes that there were only the five survivors of the Earth attack, and those five only because their consciousnesses were uploaded to a facility orbiting the planet. That speaks to a significantly different level of bombardment.

19. Apogeal Alpha01

Our gas giants have rings, and, they're in the outer reaches of the solar system, too far from the sun to be these planets. Last I read, gas giants are a very common type of planet in the galaxy.

20. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

When they were walking around on Caprica they were only an upload away from a new body, no need to worry about cancer when you have resurrection, its not an option for them now.