DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

It's where he gets a lot of stories there is a gang of writers, artists, liggers and hangers-on who meet regularly in London.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Didn't he write an Adam Strange mini? I liked that as I recall.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. The special is next month I think. That's not a bad cover actually.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Unless it's a writer I really like, I think I'm dropping Action after Morrison leaves.

6. Admiral_Young

^ I feel the same way. Especially if they deviate too much from what he's already brought. That kind of what makes Action "special" and unique IMO.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

That was forced on him by Marvel editorial. The same deal with the DD open ending from the previous run.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was thinking about it today, and I realized the only four books I care about anymore from DC are Green Lantern, Batman, Batman & Robin, and Action. I don't count Batman Inc since it's a mini. And when Morrison leaves Action it'll be down to three. I used to be invested in about a dozen books back in the late 2000s...

9. Admiral_Young

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This unnecessary shuffle is not good for Aquaman. All the good will built up since Blackest Night will once again go away when whoever the next writer is has no understanding of the character and plays to the material that people like to mock. We saw it after Peter David's run. It didn't matter how much respect Arthur had gained. A few arcs under a mediocre writer and comicdom acted once again as if Aquaman was just a joke.

11. Hound of UIster

Blame Johns. He has a habit of walking out on the books in the middle of his run. Action Comics, Hawkman and Flash being the big ones, but also JSA when Eaglesham left for Marvel.

12. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

'once again'?

:lol:

13. Captain Craig

^^^
    He was handled very strongly in the mid 90's under Morrison in the JLA and Peter David in the solo title. Maybe you just weren't' reading or paying attention then. I do mean within comicdom circles.
    He was not handled as a joke nor received as one.

14. Admiral_Young

Depends on who the writer is selected...but I don't have a good feeling about the future of the book once Johns leaves. His passion for Mera and Arthur is what made the book so great.

15. Captain Craig

I know, right. Aquaman was/is going to be the one DC book I was going to still get monthly come 2013. May have to move it into the "wait and see" column.

My next order with InStockTrades.com is going to include the opening arc of nu52 WW though. It's been talked up a bit here and other places so I'm curious.

16. Admiral_Young

I don't have a good feeling about these creator changes. It's extremely possible that I could be done with DC except for "Wonder Woman" and "Batman" depending on who jumps where and who's doing what.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aquaman is one of the few DC books i look forward to reading each month. i've always liked Aquaman though, despite the jokes.

18. Hound of UIster

They'll probably dump it on the lap of one of those former 90s Marvel writers. Maybe Liefeld.

19. Admiral_Young

Oh dear. NYCC seems like it has the potential to be even more interesting than SDCC was for comic book news this year. These upcoming creative changes seem almost riskier for the New 52 than the relaunch itself!

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Creative comes, creative goes, the characters endure. Like Chicago weather if you dont like it wait a while and it will change.