"Daybreak, Part 2" reviews (mild spoilers)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by chrisspringob, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Always. :cool:

But I'm also serious. The reviewer in question may not like some of the elements he mentions, but there's never any way to know how one's own reaction will compare with that of another viewer who you know nothing about. What can be told from that review with some certainty is that there are some unexpected sorts of things here - and the idea of the "coda" as described is one such example that intrigues me.

2. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here is the full review from the Boston Herald, not as nice as the other with some spoilers:

Edit, oops looks like Chrisspringob posted it already.. but still...here it is again..

"It jumps 150,000 years in the future for a perfectly silly coda (look for Moore in a silent cameo) that I, for one, shall now repress from my memory."

Oh dear....

3. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just to be 100% safe perhaps you could make it a link and/or spoiler-hide certain stuff.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

L.A. Times has a review up:

5. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    I honestly don't care what critics--or anyone else--think regarding the finale (or the show in general). If I enjoy it, its good. Frak everyone else.

6. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It jumps 150,000 years in the future for a perfectly silly coda (look for Moore in a silent cameo) that I, for one, shall now repress from my memory."

If this is true then I saw that coming as the cycle never ends.

7. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

NY Posts's TV critic gives it four stars:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03202009/tv/star_dust_160365.htm

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Cute.

BTW, the reviewer's remark about people "raising their hands to pledge...like a 12-step meeting" is bullshit passing for observant wit. They don't do that at those meetings; nothing like it.

9. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fo'sho. That and Babylon 5's "Sleeping in Light" because I had the feeling that I was saying good-bye to these characters and their lives. Of course, SiL, imnsho, is better viewed at the end of the fourth season than at the end of the fifth.

If the nuBSG finale gives me that feeling of saying good-bye, then I'll consider it a success. And I have no doubt that I am saying good-bye because of the last few episodes.