Crossovers

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by myselfeneye, Aug 16, 2008.

1. myselfeneye

myselfeneye Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I really want Star Trek to cross over with something. It's such a huge franchise, and huge franchises cross over with each other after they've been at it for a while, right? Marvel and DC comics do it all the time, Jason fought Freddy, the Alien fought the Predator, I mean, it's about time something went down, isn't it? The only crossover I'm aware of that Star Trek has ever done was with the X-Men, and I'm also aware that they did that three times. However, I could do with more. I know it takes a lot to get the right people and get companies to play ball and whatnot, but I believe it should happen. Crossovers are FUN. Anybody agree with me?

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Sometimes they don't end up serving either license well, though.

But what about the novel "Ishmael", which crosses over with TV's "Here Come the Brides" (which starred Mark Lenard as Aaron Stemple)? Spock is lost in time, and Aaron Stemple is able to pass him off as his nephew.

Peter David worked with Bill (Will Robinson) Mumy on DC Comics' "Return of the Worthy", which resembled a crossover with "Lost in Space", although using an alien family and their robot.

How about "Dr. Whom Meets Star Wreck"? There have been any number of parody crossovers (unlicensed) in comic form:
    http://homepage.mac.com/mmtz/stcomix/parodies.html

There was also an unlicensed book, "The Doctor and the Enterprise", a compilation of magazine instalments for which not even the author, Jean Airey, was paid.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  4. msbae

msbae Commodore

I'd like to see a crossover between Star Trek and Doctor Who and on the big screen too. Seeing the Enterprise fighting a Dalek battle fleet would be a geek delight for the ages.

It might even top seeing the 'Death Star trench' scene from A New Hope in a theater.

5. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid I don't know enough about Doctor Who to know what that means. Were the Daleks one of those two societies at nuclear war in the 80s(?)?

6. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

John Ordover has said on occasion that a Star Wars crossover was considered in the mid-90s. Pocket and Bantam would each have done a book, telling the story from different perspectives. But it would have been an unofficial, character-obscured crossover, like the Marvel/DC Invaders/Freedom Fighters crossover in 1977.

DC Comics proposed to Paramount a Star Trek/Superman crossover in the early 90s.

There were rumors of other Trek/Marvel crossovers in the wake of Star Trek/X-Men. I remember hearing about a Voyager/Dark Phoenix story, but at the span of ten years I don't remember any more than that.

7. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek vs Predator.

8. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

I read not long ago that Seth MacFarlane would like to do a Family Guy/Star Trek II crossover, along the same lines of last season's Star Wars parody.

9. CheapTrick

CheapTrick Lieutenant Red Shirt

I had a cool idea for a Star Trek/Aliens crossover, featuring an all new crew....that way you're never sure who's gonna make it out alive.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Isn't that more a parody than a crossover? And I thought they were actually doing an FG episode with the entire TNG cast guest-starring.

11. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

If you're going to split hairs, I'm pissing off.

Yep, although that's with the TNG actors playing themselves. (Although I fully expect Patrick Stewart's character from American Dad to put in a cameo appearance opposite PS himself. :D)

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I'd kill to see Star Trek Vs Aliens...

John Peel and I briefly discussed doing a two-book Trek/Dr Who crossover (i.e. a Dr Who novel with a Trek element, and a Trek novel with a DW element) some years back, but we never took it anywhere, so nothing ever came of it.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

For along time I'd wanted to see a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover, but I've lost interest in that as time has gone on. Instead I would love to see a Stargate/Star Trek crossover, I think the two could actually work really well together. And for some reason I was thinking that Star Trek/Farscape could be cool. I honestly don't know where that came form, it just sorta popped into my head. Star Trek/Dr. Who would also work.

14. foravalon

foravalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You guys should check out the eastern European fanfilm "Start Wreck: In the Pirkinning"
    It's kinda the most epic crossover fan film i've seen. Plus for something with oddly translated english subtitles, pretty freaking funny. pretty much the highest quality special effects for something like this I've ever seen too.

It's a B5/Star Trek crossover. There's two versions, the latest has replaced all the ships with original designs since they probably got in trouble, but if you check out the previous version it's got all the actual ships from Trek and B5, Epic.

http://www.starwreck.com

15. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was that holosuite scene in Mission: Gamma (I think it was Cathedral, but I don't recall precisely) where Taran'atar is fighting some rather familiar xenomorphs...

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

16. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Whoops...I just had a FanFicFlashBack moment there.....

:cool:

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn and I was about to outline my Star Trek/ET/Predator crossover.

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought Debt of Honor was pretty close.

It's long out of print, but look for Paul Magrs & Jeremy Hoad's eighth Doctor novel, The Blue Angel.

19. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Actually, Aaron passed Spock off as his nephew, Ish. Aaron wasn't married at the time, so it would have raised quite a few eyebrows if he'd claimed Spock as his son.

I love Star Trek/Doctor Who crossovers, but they're not easy to get right. I would absolutely not want to have a ST/SW crossover.

The funniest crossover comics I ever read were the Who Was That Monolith I Saw You With? books. The main "characters" were the Enterprise, the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey, a Klingon ship, an asteroid, and a space-dwelling Loch Ness Monster.

Star Trek/Highlander would work beautifully, since the groundwork for that was made possible by the "Requiem For Methuselah" episode.

20. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

you what?

the Daleks are these guys:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Image:daleks.jpg

as in: EX-TER-MIN-ATE! YOU ARE AN IN-FE-RI-OR RACE! YOU WILL BE EX-TER-MIN-ATED! DALEKS REIGN SUPREME!