Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SR71ALPHA, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SR71ALPHA

SR71ALPHA Cadet Newbie

Sep 26, 2011
    Swindon, Wiltshire
    I watched the series of StarTrek TNG that contains a Constellation class crusier. And I keep thinking of what if there was a prototype version in the TOS era. So I came up with this basic design...

The USS VALKYRIE NCC-2590 was in a refit state but in Starfleet data base of starships there wasn't a ship before it's creation or before it and here it is as I imagine it would be. Remember this is only a Prototype of the Constellation Class crusier.

Design and Photoshopped (c) SR71ALPHA
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sep 19, 2007
    Boyertown, PA as of July 2011
    Looks good to me :) :techman:
  3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

May 3, 2003
    Portland, OR
    My suggestions:

The lower side of the saucer section of the canon Constellation made use of the upper half of the refit connie rather than the bottom half, so I might make that structure more symmetrical on your version as well. In other words, the "B-C" command gondola from the top could be repeated on the lower half of the saucer as well.

Also, the impulse units utilization of the "impulse crystal" is very much a TMP refit thing, so I would suggest some other feature here, such as the "linear accelerator" on top of the TOS impulse deck. Of something more along those lines anyhow.

Besides those little technical hiccups, I think the illustration is well done.

4. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Feb 17, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    The nacelles looked scaled a bit wrong -- remember that the Constellation model had truncated nacelles, so don't just match their lengths pixel-for-pixel. Make them look beefier.

Also the nacelle struts would look more TOS with the black grill squares from the TOS Ent on the strut interiors -- you can barely seen them here:
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011