Complete Farscape on DVD Nov 17

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

So, all this has happened before and all this will happen again?

Yeah, I know, wrong show, the quote just felt right in this case.

2. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So say we all. :hugegrin:

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking of BSG, I already forgot the episode, but there was a BSG reference in Farscape. John was trying to call out the Cylon Imperious Leader and I thought it was funny. Was that "I Shrink Therefore I Am?"

4. HighteeHeller

I remember that, laughed out loud! Can't remember which ep it was, but that sounds right. I really liked that one.

5. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that was a great episode. I loved when John picked up Chiana's and Areyns tube and breathed in it and asked. "Hows my breath." The reaction my Chiana and Areyn is priceless.

6. HighteeHeller

Oh man, thats the ep when John gives Scorpy the gun with no ammo, and causes Scorpy to question whether he chose the right side. They are too funny together! I love Scorpy!

"So awesome!!"

7. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm finishing Season 3 tonight and currently watching "I-Yench, You-Yench"

I thought the evolution of the relationship between John and Aeryn (especially in light of the 'Doubling') was brilliant. You couldn't have done that plot on hardly any other show.

8. tomalak301

I'm at the We're So Screwed trilogy now. Two things I want to say about Prayer:

1) This was Black's best performence in the show I think. She's had so many, but sometimes she needs to work off Browder and vice versa that it's been a while since she was given the opportunity to shine. That end scene where she denounces her god was just really really amazing.

2) When John made the comment about in some universe the Cubs win the world series, I just had to laugh. It's still not happened yet, 7 years later. :lol:

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It's taking my friends and I way too long to work through this series, but I can't wait to get to that episode with them just for that line. They are all hardcore Cubs fans.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm just glad they picked the Cubs and not the Red Sox. :p

11. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is interesting to see how few of Crichton's pop culture references are dated (or maybe it's just because I'm dated and I get them). I think it helps that a lot of them were to stuff that was fairly old and/or notable at the time - the Three Stooges and Abbot and Costello weren't exactly timely things to riff on, and I think people could guess Silence of the Lambs was something that'd still be discussed years down the line.

12. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Okay, that physical "docking web" in Peacekeeper Wars was strange. I'd always assumed the docking web was some sort of energy field.

13. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

And who would have thought that Harvey's comment about Shatner being the guy who does Priceline commercials would still be relevant nearly ten years on! :lol:

But, you're right, most of Crichton's pop culture references are to things that had already demonstrated longevity: The Three Stooges, Star Trek, Steven Spielberg movies, etc.

14. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If anything Shatner is even more linked to priceline than before. He's the "progress bar" on the website. You click search and you see Shatner mugging it up! He must've stock in the company now or something.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, normally it is. :lol:

16. tomalak301

Finished off Farscape (The series part) tonight with We're So Screwed and Bad Timing. Man how this series ended on a cliffhanger was sad, even though the most emotional I got was with John and Aeryn after she had just been rescued in Part 1. Despite some qualms I have with how this series ended (Aeryn recovering quickly, destroying flowers, the way Stark was brought back, which seemed a bit of a waste), I really did like these episodes. And Bad Timing, man I'm glad we got the mini. Really loved the final scene between Jack and John.

So glad I bought this series. Not sure when I'll watch PK wars, but when everything is said and done, thank you A&E for bringing this series back to DVD. Screw you Best Buy and all the retailers for not really caring that much by not having many copies, but this is a good mood post so I'll leave it at that.

17. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah the scene between John and Jack was very well done. I was almost hoping that John would let Jack come along for the ride. Very emotional and sad scene. Ben Browder and Kent Mccord did an excellent job with the scene.

18. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

On the Bad Timing commentary, they say that Kent's side of the conversation was filmed way back during "Kansas", so they had to do some clever editing to make it fit with the way the story had developed since then....

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not gonna lie, I still have no idea what the whole "clipboard you can put paper in when it's upside-down" thing was all about.

20. Plomeek Broth

Plomeek Broth Commander Red Shirt

I did a blind buy of Farscape the Complete Series and the Peacekeeper Wars today. I have only seen less than five episodes easily and it was many years ago, so I don't remember if I liked it or not. I do enjoy Trek, nuBSG, Firefly, and Buffy so I am praying I will love this too. The price was too good to pass up and it was now or never. I hope I made a sound decision :lol: