College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 31, 2012.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alright, I guess I'll start this thread... :D

Who else watched the South Carolina - Vandy game last night? I thought it was a pretty good game overall, but that last pass that would have kept Vandy in the game was obviously pass interference, yet wasn't called. They still would have had to make it into the end zone, but at least they would have had a chance.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

FOOTBALL!!!!

[​IMG]

We're back, baby!

:techman:

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I don't know if that game says more about South Carolina, or if it says more about Vanderbilt.

It sure would be nice if Vanderbilt was actually good, this year.

I'm very excited about Saturday night's Bama game, though!!!

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

It looked more or less like the last two years worth of South Carolina teams. Good defense, strong running game and a totally inept passing attack. They are upper tier but I don't think that they will go much farther than possibly playing in an SEC title game.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think the most important play so far was Kent State's punt return against Towson.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmmnRS1tVrk&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

^The worst thing about that play was that he got tackled. If anyone from the other team was paying attention, they would have gotten a safety out of that. Still, I've never seen that before.

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really excited to see the Michigan State/Boise State game tonight. It should probably be a really fun game. I'll be switching between that one and Tennessee/NC State. If Derek Dooley doesn't win at least 8 games this year, he'll be out as HC at Tennessee.

A post-Luck Stanford also plays their first game tonight. That one will be fun to check out to. I think I have the PAC-12 network somewhere on Comcast.

A few great games on paper on Saturday:

8. Michigan @ 2. Alabama - I think Bama wins in a landslide
    14. Clemson @ Auburn - many are picking Auburn as a sleeper team... I don't see it
    @ Jacksonville State (best team in the world) @ 10. Arkansas - I might be biased in this one

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Technically, it was blown dead because you can't advance the ball on a muffed punt (I guess "advancing the ball" includes running it 90 yards in the wrong direction), so they wouldn't have gotten a safety. However, I can still see the instinct of "we should tackle him because maybe he knows something we don't." It's still strange that both sides can suddenly forget why they got on the field and start responding to the opposite of what's happening.

9. Starbreaker

So... is Michigan still a Top 10 team? :lol:

10. tighr

Probably! Just cause the best team in the nation destroyed them doesn't mean they were overrated.

ROLL TIDE!!!

11. B.J.

In my eyes, they still haven't gotten over being taken down a few notches by App State a few years ago! :lol:

12. tighr

That was probably the single greatest upset in recent memory.

13. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dunno, Iowa Statee beating Brandon Whedon's team last year was a pretty big upset since (IIRC) it ruined his Heisman Chances.

14. tighr

Appalachian State is a FCS school, and Michigan was ranked #5 at the time. Iowa State went 6-6 last year, and their wins came over other FBS schools, including #19 Texas Tech.

15. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Hokies, pull it out in Blacksburg. There were 5 NFL GM's in attendance to watch Logan Thomas. He is 6'6 260, basically Cam Newton type of player without the off the field baggage. Unfortunately, he will be on an island this year as most of his supporting offensive help went to the NFL last year. Two freshman running backs as well as receivers. They had a lot of trouble with the routes last night. Clemson and FSU appear to be the class of the ACC this year.

16. B.J.

Well, crap. Football hit my trifecta of suckage in the opening weekend. Georgia Tech lost, Auburn lost, and Georgia won. :scream:

17. Starbreaker

Florida State beat the crap out of FCS Murray State and leapfrogged Georgia in the rankings. I know Georgia didn't beat Buffalo that badly, but still...

18. Starbreaker

Look for an upset win of Oregon State over Wisconsin this weekend. You heard it here first.

19. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

i love the Arizona State game tonight!:)

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Not bad.

If you could have predicted Sacramento State over Colorado, that would have been really something!

:lol:

My grandpa was at the USC/Syracuse game at the Meadowlands. A total mess. Over an hour delay due to weather, the stadium mostly empty. Tornadoes.