Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Master of Tarquin Hill, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't mess with Batman

"Kick your FUCKING ASS!"

"NO! NO! DON'T SHUT ME UP!

"OH dadadada"

lol

well..........his behind the scenes videos for the dvd will be interesting :lol:

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Christain Bale is the GODDAMN BATMAN! The man can do whatever he wants. :p

3. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

4. HaplessCrewman

HaplessCrewman Commander Red Shirt

Agree with Haytil.

When the camera is rolling, most people know know not move (or even breathe) during a take, let alone walk into the shot. Everyone does their best to get the shot done so they can quickly move on to the next set-up.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

To be entirely fair, this outburst is nowhere near I Heart Huckabees or Kinski levels, so I'm neither really shocked nor impressed.

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Batman's next mission is to hunt down the F*cker who leaked this. The DP sounds so meek

"I was looking at the light."

"Oh! Well gooooood for you! And how was it?

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That crossed my mind as well, certainly doesn't help his case any.

He should have used this voice for his "Batman voice".

8. Garibaldi O'brien

Garibaldi O'brien Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. Tacky. Tacky. Tacky.
    I would never speak to one my employees, friends, or dogs that way. It's just uncalled for.
    Although it is a nice addition to my personal theory, that almost all actors have bipolar disorder. That is a classic manic-outburst.

9. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it's madly entertaining but probably out of context. There's stuff in there to suggest the DP has a pattern of unprofessional behavior. This was probably the straw that broke the camel's back and Bale was mic'd for it. He took it too far but a DP that walks into a shot deserves a smackdown. The DP is the last person that should walk into a shot. And it sounds like he kept his job after that.

10. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think he's a kickass actor but fucking hell, what a bastard. How bad could it really have been for one scene? He doesn't mention it being complicated or anything so it just sounds like a dialogue scene got fucked up. How much does it really matter? I don't know much about film sets.

11. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

That made my day. We've all had those days, working very hard then someone screws up and you have to re-do all your work. Yes Bale was over the top, but isn't he like a method actor, really getting into his character? Being pulled out of a scene by some idiot's thoughtlesness would be quite upsetting then.

plus, he is the Batman.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, I always got the impression in interviews that Bale was a bit of a dick. Now it looks like I was right.

I bet the vast majority of actors wouldn't even notice or CARE what the DP was doing in the background. Bale just notices because he's so damn tempermental and easily agitated.

13. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You would think it was Bale's money. Professionalism doesn't require screaming like a maniac. In fact, the question is why a professional would do something like Terminator: Salvation in the first place. Not even the trailers can make this one look appetizing. Perhaps Bale is unfulfilled, and bitter at the artistic failure his career has become? Screaming at much lower paid workers isn't the answer---Taking real acting jobs in good scripts is.

14. porthos_the_powerful

porthos_the_powerful Captain Captain

I expect to hear of the mysterious deaths of the audio guys by tomorrow.

15. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Regardless, the DPs don't answer to the actors.

16. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

The DP has done a bunch of movies before. It's not like he's an amateur.

17. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

Oh, phooey. Stuff like this happens all the time on sets. It just isn't usually recorded.

18. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I just love the fact when he's mad he cant control his accent. He went from London to LA and back and forth faster than the fucking flash. :D Not such are good an actor now are ya! :P

19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

They would if they were told to reshoot a scene because of some-one in the background.

20. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

If you guys read the article from when it happened, this was the Friday before the incident with his Mother and Sister, which happened Sunday in the UK.

Which really paints an interesting picture...

What, I wonder, was happening in his life at this time? I mean, that both those incidents occurred back-to-back...

It's weird to listen to, because as an amateur psychology buff, the way certain things happen...

Like, while cursing the DP out, he at one point keeps saying "your a nice guy". Then other times, he goes from screaming bloody murder to pause, calm voice, "lets go again" (shoot the scene).

Something had to have been happening in his private life for these two incidents to have occurred. Especially when there has never been any other rumors or reports of issues like this with him over the entire course of his career.

It doesn't excuse the behavior, but it does explain it.

Personally, I still love the guy. He's a great actor. This really makes me concerned though. Something had to have set him off - what could it have been? That this happened Friday the 18th, day TDK opens, and then that following Sunday that incident with his mother and sister happens... something not right.