Charlie Brooker Black Mirror

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft Premium Member

Might be a case of Netflix producing it for the US and Channel 4 producing it for here. Much like Catastrophe with Amazon or Humans with AMC?

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

The articles seem to imply it's just Netflix in concert with Brooker's production company but there isn't a lot of detail there so we might have to wait and see.

To be honest in terms of anthology shows I'm more interested in Number 9 getting a third series :)

3. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, Inside No. 9 3 would be good. I'd hope we could have both though.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh yes, doe all the issues I have with Black Mirror I do find it interesting, and it's nice to have shows like these, it's just that given the choice I'd take Number 9, it's more diverse and though it can be quite dark it can be quite hopeful at times.

I'm not suggesting Black Mirror should be all flowers and twee endings, but the occasional happy, or even slightly hopeful, ending would be nice--I suppose the closest we've come is the Haley Atwell one.

5. Bob The Skutter

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I heard this, given how variable the quality has been over 3 episodes I do fear this might be stretching things too far, hopefully this won't be Torchwood:Miracle Day all over again!

Hopefully there'll be new writers, I can't imagine Brooker is going to pen all 12.

7. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum The Friendly Face of Brutal Facism Moderator

Wasn't he already writing a special that was supposed to air sometime after the Christmas special? He could have some scripts already finished that never got produced.

8. Bob The Skutter

Think the plan was Christmas special then another 2 for channel 4 so may be part of the deal because Netflix say the episodes won't necessarily release in the UK at the same time as everywhere else.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Even at his workaholic worst RTD only wrote a maximum of 8 episodes of Who in a 13 episode series so I would be amazed if Brooker does pen them all, I imagine he might do 3 or 4, perhaps more if, as you say, he already had scripts written. I imagine there are a whole host of writers who'd love to script for the show as well.

I wonder if it will maintain the technological theme? I know its the usp of the show but it does limit them a little (The Twilight Zone didn't just do robots and aliens after all, they had magic and demons showing up as well)