Caprica - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 14, 2009.

?

Grade the pilot...

1. Excellent

35.3%
  2. Above Average

43.0%
  3. Average

13.0%
  4. Below Average

4.3%
  5. Poor

4.3%
  1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:p

2. Kokomo

Kokomo Commander Red Shirt

Were there any Colonial Vipers seen in the DVD? Any Mark I's?

3. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Ok, so I just started this thing. What is up with the debauchery in this? Can someone tell me if this continues past the beginning? I want to watch it but not if it is like the beginning. Ugh.

This a huge a disappointment. :(

4. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No it doesn't. I'm about 30 minutes into it. The holotech is sort of like Cylon projection.

-Chris

5. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Doesn't continue past the beginning?

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen it yet and I've ordered it today from Amazon. I want to ask, though, does it look like the William B. Davis character will be recurring?

7. cbspock

The prototype cylon centurian was pretty cool. It shot like a stormtrooper ;) I don't think it hit the target once..lol
    Really nice they used the original series eye sound effect.

The one true god vs colonial religion was an interesting foreshadow of the cylon vs colonial beliefs on Galactica.

-Chris

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!

What bothered you? The whole thing was pretty tame.

9. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Excellent

This was an excellent intro to the new series. I am really looking forward to it now (though I have no idea how they are going to come up with 20 episodes a season, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt).

I love the robot butler the Greystones have. I also loved the performances of Eric Stoltz and Esai Morales. 2010 can't come soon enough.

10. cbspock

Caprica takes place how many years before the first cylon war?

-Chris

11. ATimson

No. He gets killed during the movie.

12. ATimson

58 years before the fall, or about six years before the war. (Which is the case for either date given for the show; it's just a question of how long the war lasts. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we see it go back to "51 years before..." when it airs, ignoring the "Razor" webisodes.)

13. cbspock

Awesome!!! Cancer man from X-files!!! is on this too.

-Chris

14. cbspock

Not knowing what to really expect out of Caprica. I thought it was excellent. I thought the foreshadowing into the events we know are going to happen years later was done well.

I liked seeing parts of Caprica City we saw in Galactica. I thought the characters were interesting.

I don't know where they are going with the story for 20 episodes. How does Zoe play into the cylons turning against humanity? How does the Adama family play into the cylon arc in the future episodes should be interesting to see. Does Adama come out against this new Cylon tech?

Is RDM going to do a Caprica podcast????

-Chris

15. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This was dull as hell, and absurdly predictable to boot. There were some good performances, and the Cylon prototype was cool, but otherwise I was sorely disappointed by this. And the nudity was so obviously gratuitous that it was laughable. When it airs on TV, no one would have noticed that those shots are missing. They were just crammed in there, lamely.

16. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

I thought it was quite well done. Bear's score was particularly good, and for a pilot it was excellent.

Um... okay some of you might think I'm crazy, but especially after watching the Video Blogs, anyone else think the V-Club was filmed in the same location as the Opera House in BSG? Coincidence? Or not?

17. cbspock

I was thinking of the Opera House and the stories Head Six told Baltar on Kobol when they toured the V-club.

-Chris

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  18. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum The Friendly Face of Brutal Facism Moderator

I think the first war lasted about 12 or so years, I think the Razor flashbacks said that last bit was on day 5,000 or so of the war. I'd love for the show to last long enough to show the Cylons rebel.

19. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I imagine the show wants to, even if it waits to its final season.

20. ATimson

I believe it's just the webisodes, not the flashbacks in "Razor" itself. But either way, there are only a few possibilities:

* The flashbacks are wrong about the length of the war, and Caprica's DVD is wrong about when Caprica takes place (allowing the original date of 51 years before the fall from the script to be right). Adama signs up for the Colonial Navy c. age 18.

* The flashbacks are wrong about Adama's first combat mission being at the end of the war. (Maybe he was a GROPO before becoming a pilot, and it was just his first combat mission flying?)

* The flashbacks and Caprica's DVD are right about the dates, and Adama didn't join the fight until he was in his mid-20's.

* The date on Caprica is wrong (albeit less wrong than scenario 1--probably 53 years before the fall), and war is going to break out any day now.

I prefer scenario 1 personally. Scenario 4 is unlikely. Unfortunately, I think we'll end up with scenario 3.