Caprica - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 14, 2009.

?

Grade the pilot...

1. Excellent

35.3%
  2. Above Average

43.0%
  3. Average

13.0%
  4. Below Average

4.3%
  5. Poor

4.3%
  1. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't watch the version that Sky broadcast in the UK, but I've viewed the region 1 DVD. I hear the breast content was edited out. If anyone has seen both versions, was anything substantive omitted that might affect future plot developments?

There is a deleted nightclub scene on the DVD that I wasn't sure whether it was excluded for reasons of drama or plot. It'll be interestering to see which as the season unfolds.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The re-edited version eliminated the nudity, which really isn't a big deal. It seemed ready to be subtracted in the DVD version anyway. In addition, it includes several new wide shots which expand the world of Caprica a great deal, as well as a completely new version of the scene where Joseph, Willy, and Daniel watch the C-Bucks. Zoe's line about the storage capacity of the human brain has also been re-dubbed, to a more believable number.

3. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    This I can definitely agree with. Maybe it's because it's new. Maybe it's because it's more comfortable calling itself a "soapy" series. Maybe it's the story itself. But Caprica's first two episodes are more enjoyable than most of nuBSG's seasons 3 & 4 (a few individual episodes -- "Sometimes A Great Notion" for example -- notwithstanding).

4. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

It's really a shame what happened to BSG in its 3rd and 4th seasons. It went so far downhill with an occasional episodic exception. After the new Caprica escape....it faltered. Keeping Caprica character based will be a saving grace, I hope.

5. NIUPonyBoy

NIUPonyBoy Captain Captain

Having seen the first two episodes ondamand... I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

The sweeping visuals are good for a TV show, kind of reminds me of the short lived Kings on NBC, and the writing isn't bad.

That said... I like the idea of showing how the cylon's were created and that could build into the cylon uprising and first war. Slowly building to that is fine with me as long as there is a real driving plot and decent writing and characters. So far the plot is a little weak to me, just because so far it is based on teenage angist. Not something I really give a crap about now, or in a gaxely far far away and sometime in the past. However, it is is a pretty intresting show so far, I will watch it to see where it goes; it has pretty decent potential. I also like the underlying "racism" between the different colonies. It could provide some believeable extra-plot drama.

But just so I get it... the first cylon centurian is a pissed off 'quasi-terrorist' teenage girl? :lol:

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought the mistake with BSG was giving it twenty-episode seasons. I still loved the show but the extra episodes forces the writers to stretch out the materials and you would get some stinkers in there.

7. philbob

philbob Commander Red Shirt

just saw it on Bravo and really enjoyed it to a degree i havent enjoyed BSG sence the first season. Anyway was zoey telling her dad she was sexually active in the virtual night club i couldnt figure that part out?

8. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

She sure did. Considering that in the second episode, her mother didn't even know she had a boyfriend, that probably hit him where it hurt.

9. philbob

philbob Commander Red Shirt

alright thanks

10. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I would go so far to say that she was telling her dad that she was sexually active outside the clubs... you don't need birth control prescriptions for cybersex. ;)