Caprica - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 14, 2009.

?

Grade the pilot...

1. Excellent

35.3%
  2. Above Average

43.0%
  3. Average

13.0%
  4. Below Average

4.3%
  5. Poor

4.3%
  1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I thought I saw a snippet of a deleted scene of Clarice in the v-club on the first "Caprica preview" on youtube. Oh yeah, that woman is in it up to her neck. I agree with you. She knew about Zoe's avatar and wanted to put it to malevolent use. Obviously Zoe didn't know what was about to happen. Her reaction to Ben opening his coat was one of fear.

2. Stanley

Stanley Lieutenant Red Shirt

When I wrote "somebody" I didn't mean God. I meant Sister Clarice or someone in her organization.

She told Lacy that Ben's act was premature and unauthorized. Was she lying, or is there another faction in Soldiers of the One who got Ben his suicide vest?

3. SPF

SPF Ensign Newbie

Says someone with the location of "Sol III." :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just saw it and was surprised. I loved loved loved BSG but I had really very low expectations for this show. I gave it an above average but not excellent. It was far better than what I had anticipated but I'm imagining that it will really grow into it's own. I mean, BSG grew and developed its style quite a bit over the years.

I'm really eager to see what they do with a series.

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

It's so nice to know we can still have discussion and differing opinions here, and don't have people bashing other posters just because they don't care for lesser shows.

Oh wait. That's what, four people already, who are bashing me simply because the show sucked and I said so? And wasn't it just a couple days ago when someone was talking in MA saying the mods are so quick to silence that kind of stuff. Mmm hmmm.

Sorry, I thought - and this is just my opinion - Caprica was pathetic. The writing was lousy and the acting wasn't any better. Only one person in the entire thing could act, and as they said in the commentary, most of her stuff was left on the cutting room floor, so she was less obvious as the villain.

5. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

No one has responded to your thoughts on "Caprica."

Anyone who responded to your post was responding to your very pretentious sounding accusation that Ronald Moore is pretentious.

6. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

When exactly did this happen?

7. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that I finally got to see it, I really liked it. I think it sets up a lot of things we saw in BSG, and might lead to a lot of explanations that didn't get handled during Season 4 of BSG.

I really wanna see where these Geminons are getting the One true God stuff from, and what goes on with Zoe-Cylon in relationship to that. Will she end up being the Cylon God? Will her father? Will Leonard Nimoy?

8. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's closer than that. I thought I remembered that the first Cylon War last ten years. Can anyone confirm that?

If that's the case, then we're only about 8 years from its beginning.

Also, I don't think Zoe's personality will be in every Cylon. The model at the end in the test did not have her personality, I don't think. I don't think it was the same armor suit that Zoe was downloaded into. I think she may be their initial elader, giving them the belief in one, true God. She may even be the leader throughout the first war, and the Final Five negotiate with her to end the War, prmoising to provide real, human bodies, which she hasn't been able to achieve on her own. She names one of them "Daniel".

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Frakkin Netflix hasn't kicked loose my DVD yet, so I'm not reading this thread but I came across this headline at the Boston Globe and it cracked me up.

Battlestar prequel brings back the doom.

:rommie:

With PR like that, people wonder why the ratings suck?

10. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't the end of the first cylon war and the destruction of the colonies 40 years apart?

-Chris

11. Samuel T. Cogley

I think BSG fans are less nerdy than Star Trek fans, based on the fact that none of us have any frakking idea how long the first Cylon war lasted.

12. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was rewatching the pilot and I noticed a slight goof:

In the scene where the Adamas and Daniel are at the Pyramid game, there is a shot of the Buccaneers being pelted with debris from angry fans. If you look at the ceiling of the stadium you can see the Canadian and US flags hiding behind the steel beams :p

13. Maestro

And many of us just don't really care.

14. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The only thing I'm wondering is how Daniel was able to recreate so much of Tamara. With Zoe, she left a lot of her memories and personality with her avatar. She might not truly be Zoe but there's a lot to work with there. How did Daniel get so much info to make such a realistic version of Tamara Adama? Was Tamara involved in this holo stuff too? Otherwise, I can't see her leaving so much behind that Daniel could make such a lifelike avatar. Although I think the character was like 13 or something.

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We have an idea, it just doesn't fit with the evidence provided by Caprica. ;)

16. Samuel T. Cogley

:lol:

Agreed!

BSG is my favorite show of all time, and I could not care less about how long the war lasted.

:lol:

17. My understanding, and I may be wrong, is when he copied over the Zoe program, , I dont remember the exact dialogue but it seemed to imply that he copied over the whole program, i.e. he could basically pop in a name, and use the program to scour the nets for all available info and bring it together in the same way. I might be reading too much into it, I'm not sure.

Anyways that Frankenstein moment with Tamara was seriously creepy. Great stuff.

18. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. That scene was well done.

19. Maestro

Your explanation works for me, and I agree about the creep factor. Well done.

20. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh, I'm still on the fence about it. It was very well acted, and it was a decent enough story-line, but it didn't really get me interested until the last part of it. I will start watching the series when it comes out since the pilot didn't completely turn me off of it, but I really need it to get me interested throughout if I'm to stick with it in the long haul. Average.