Caprica 1x18: "Apotheosis"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 30, 2010.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

78.6%
  2. Above Average

16.7%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

2.4%
  1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Missed that part. Which makes Clarice even more confusing. Unless she's just a nut.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Well, no, I remember that part, but as I recall she basically just blew him off and said God's will would prevail. :lol: A true fanatic.

3. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

She's a nut alright. With a messianic complex.

4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah Clarice was insane.

5. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel like Clarice's motives to create the virtual heaven and implement the resurrection program was just a fancy fog and light show designed to convince the humans of the twelve colonies that there is a One True God and that they must follow him. The avatars aren't real human souls - they aren't the continuation of life. They're manufactured. They're copies. But they're "real enough". Just like Zoey-A was not the original Zoey, but she's close enough. By the end of the series, even Daniel and Amanda accept her as an extension of their daughter even though she is not the same. Clarice figured that the avatars and virtual heaven would be convincing enough to lure people into believing that God did it.

6. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

they did mention that it was a recruiting tool. or was supposed to be one. but clarice seemed to kind of take it and run with it.

i took the whole plan as an expression of clarice's messiah complex. she didn't want to be a martyr herself, that's why she deliberately didn't get herself a ticket to the big game. but she wanted others to worship her. she did want to be god, and v-world let her play that part.

7. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Here's a theory about real Zoe's death:

Zoe created the AI recruiting tool and Clarice sends her and the program to Gemenon for safety, but Barnabus (who see's ressurection as a fraud) finds out and gets Ben to blow up the train - with Zoe on it. Right?