Caprica 1x18: "Apotheosis"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 30, 2010.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

78.6%
  2. Above Average

16.7%
  3. Average

2.4%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

2.4%
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I'm going to have to get this on DVD now as I deleted the seond half of the season (well, what aired) once I heard it was canceled because I didn't want to put myself through an epic cliffhanger and then have nothing.

2. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The 10 minute finale...reminded me STRONGLY of the Animatrix: The Second Renaissance

3. mycorner

mycorner Cadet Newbie

I'm surprised that Clarice was let out scot-free. After Graystones busted out STO & Clarice, how is that her past is overlooked by Lacy, the Mother and cylons en masse at her Church.?

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. I also like to think that Daniel G. is the First Hybrid - would be a fitting punishment for daring to create the Cylons in the first place. Perhaps that is exactly why he would end up that way - Daniel being consigned to his own personal hell, as it were.

And it would certainly fit in with the Hybrid saying things like "My children believe I am their god"...well, the Cylons would, wouldn't they? If not for Daniel, they would not exist.

5. vampgrrl

Its entirely possible that Daniel was killed and the Cylons tried to create a body for an avatar of him and that's what they could create.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ But if the Hybrid's body was created from scratch, why is it so old? If the Cylons wanted to create a new body (for whatever reason) they would have probably used a younger template.

I prefer to think that the Hybrid simply is Daniel Graystone. Never mind all that about Clarice and the STO - the entire existence of the Cylons can be traced back to Daniel, so in a sense, everything they have done is his fault. I view him being transformed into the Hybrid as a punishment for unleashing the Cylon menace on humanity.

7. MetroKid

MetroKid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Bravo! They wrapped up the series with a satisfying ending despite what I feared. The end with the Adamas brought a tear to my eye.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

It's nice that they actually wrapped up this first storyline fairly decently. Thankfully it didn't end on some major bogus cliffhanger.

I think the next spinoff should feature Sgt. Cylon and his Cylon Commandos.

9. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy shit, the writers pulled through. The last 10 minutes obviously telescoped through events that probably would have been told through the course of an entire second season, but coalesced the narrative to lead into BSG effectively.

10. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Caprica's second season was always gonna jump ahead in time, allowing them to get to the Cylon war quicker.

11. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

Just a thought: I'd love to see Daniel appear as a skinjob/head angel somewhere in Blood and Chrome.

12. neogothboy74

neogothboy74 Commander Red Shirt

Wow. So much more closure than I expected. Not everything was wrapped up but I expected cliffhangers on every side. Instead we got something like the ending to 'Pushing Daisies'. Nice. It's not perfect, but I'm looking forward to owning this now. Also looking forward to 'Blood & Chrome' and hoping that it might, at some point, answer still more lingering questions from both Caprica & BSG. It's kind of neat that the new series (assuming it gets greenlit) will be both a prequel and sequel. Would also love some more BSG movies...like 1 centered on The Final Five or 1 on Kobol, or 1 bridging Caprica with 'Blood and Chrome' even more, explaining what happened to different characters, like Tamara, who was absent here.

13. vampgrrl

I have a feeling the Shape of Things to Come was to be the next season...on Caprica.:borg:

Its nice that it worked out either way...but so much potential...

14. HarryM

HarryM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great episode. Makes me sad, so much potential left in this show.

15. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Frak me that was A.ma.zing!

What a way to wrap on the show intentionally or not it ended so perfectly. Those last few minutes represented everything I dreamed the show would be.
    Maybe the Hybird will be explained in Blood and Chrome. Heck this is such a great lead in. Such a perfect ending. A nice miniseries now.

16. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling they knew that Caprica didn't have the best chance of being renewed, so they did the Shape of Things to Come both as a slight wrap-up, but, had the show continued, it would've served as a cross between Dollhouse's Epitaph One, and BSG's One Year Later. A rough roadmap of how things would go, and also a facilitation of a more brisk narrative pace.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clarice was in hiding after the attack. The fact that Greystone wasn't in jail, and the reference he made to how much power the Monats had when they attempted the arena attack suggests they brought down the mole in GDD. The only place we saw her was in V-World and on Gemenon, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was keeping her head down in a hole somewhere.

17. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

I'm left wondering what really happened to the STO under Lacy's authority. If she came into conflict with Clarice (which is what it looks like), then it's possible the Cylons essentially wiped out the STO during the first Cylon War.

Actually, I'm left wondering about a lot of things, but what we got to see was pretty cool and makes me wish this show had gotten a second season.

18. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I think STO would have become a lot less "terroristy" under Lacy's reign. She had the nuts to do what needed to be done, but I don't think she would have gone and blown folks up because thats what "god wanted". Out of everything in this show, that was the one thread I wanted some more resolution on.

19. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Yeah, just when it got good--with Lacy taking the U-87s under her command--it's just over. :lol: I was definitely annoyed there was no movement on that storyline within the episode proper. Ah well.

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5As4_h-_FDc[/yt]