Caprica 1x17: "Here Be Dragons"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 23, 2010.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

62.5%
  2. Above Average

33.3%
  3. Average

4.2%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Well, the only other possibility I can think of is that the U-87s already believe in God and they see Lacey as their Messiah. :lol:

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

Now there is a scary religion for you... The girl who gets shoved around for most of the season and can't make her own decisions as a god!

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

"Ray, if somebody asks if your a god you say YES!"

4. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I was more upset by the death of Serge than Willy. It's too bad the Serge Twitter account is inactive now, it would be interesting to see what they did with it.

Great episode though. I was in the Willy is not Adama camp earlier, but I changed my mind over time as it seemed that's not where they were going. They had the model ship and the fox story all in one episode, seemed like they were piling on the Bill Adama roots... it was actually at that point after she mentioned the foxes that I said "Ok so this really is Bill Adama" then that was reversed 2 minutes later.

It's gonna be a hell of a finale.

5. Robert Maxwell

I was pretty broken up about Serge. :( The 5-second thing was kind of stupid, though. People break into your house and draw weapons, you don't give 'em 5 seconds to get out, you shoot! Poor Serge.

6. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

Not ashamed to have rated this once excellent.
    On a purely superficial note... those dragon creature things were excellent. I would have been very happy with a few more scenes of action like these. I know it's not really the point of the series, but creating holographic dragons to kill your parents? Kind of awesome/amazing.

7. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

Also amazing: Cylon Zoe beating the intruders to death with her own severed arm. Awesome. :D

8. Robert Maxwell

That was definitely awesome. I had a feeling the U-87 would come to life, given the way the camera hovered over it before Clarice and her goons busted into the room. I figured Zoe would end up saving her parents, but she fucking wiped the floor with those people. :lol:

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of which, I loved the camera angle through the Cylon chassis on Daniel and Amanda wearing the holobands.

Edited to add: Also, where was Tamara while Zoe was playing with her parents?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  10. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Writer Rear Admiral

Didn't she only "wipe the floor" with the one guy? I'm pretty sure Clarice and the black guy escaped and it was only the other husband that got pasted. Still, that first hit with the spray of blood was pretty cool! :D

11. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's analogous to the grace period you get for security systems in case you trip it yourself. But Serge can identify authorized visitors so yeah I wonder about that.

12. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

He probably recognized Clarice which is probably why he didn't fire right away.

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy9yObQvcuY[/yt]

14. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

Serge needs to have a resurrection hub!

15. Robert Maxwell

Serge should get his own series.

16. solarian

solarian Cadet Newbie

I noticed the same thing! (After a few rewind/slow-mo double takes.)

I wonder how many cubits a PSP-Go costs on Caprica these days... Of course, I shudder to think about V-World access from PlayStation platform - I'm having visions of PlayStation Home.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Poor Serge. The one truly likeable character on the show gets brutally killed. Just like Han Solo, Serge, you've got to always shoot first.

18. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

You'll see him again, chief.

There are many copies. You'll see him again.

Seriously, though, I expected Serge would come back, better than ever. I mean, come on. We have to have the pathos of him wheeling over and killing Daniel or Caesar or somebody in their sleep when the revolution comes.

19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Admiral

Et Tu Serge?

20. Robert Maxwell

Serge's death was the most powerful in the whole series. :(