BSG The Complete Series on Blu Ray in July, 4.5 on DVD in April

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Kaijufan, Feb 21, 2009.

1. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, season 4.5 coming out that quick, huh? That's exciting... I guess I will be doing my full-series rewatch sooner than I thought I would be.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I've been of that mind, too, but I'm unsure now...some of those HD screengrabs from the HD-DVD set that was released sometime ago look great.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope I have a job by this time!!

4. Turbo

Turbo Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's hoping I have a job by then, so I can pick up both the complete series AND a Blu-Ray drive for my computer. (Or a Blu-Ray player.)

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the same thing until I saw an episode a few weeks ago in HD,it's amazing! A lot of the time it looked the same, but in places it looks grittier and dirtier and it's really nice.

6. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Commander Red Shirt

With Trek and BSG coming to Blu-ray in the first half of the year, I'm going to be a poor, poor man. These are the series I said I would buy, no matter what the price.:drool:

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Looks like The Plan is supposed to air/come out in the fall, around November. If that's the case, it looks like this won't be a complete set, which makes me less enthusiastic about getting it.

8. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Damn. I had hoped that The Plan would be included in the 4.5 set.

Ah, well.

9. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's either going to be summer or 2010; I don't see them interrupting Stargate Universe mid-season for this. And of the two, I'd expect summer would be better; BSG spinoff Caprica may be, but BSG's ratings aren't going to be enough to sustain it; they're going to want to distance it as much as possible, and try to get new people hooked.

10. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, looks like I gotta save up for BSG on Blu-ray.

11. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would assume that The Plan will be a Saturday night movie, I'm pretty sure Razor was.

12. hamudm

hamudm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I guess my PS3 does a "good enough" job upscaling it that although the finer details are clearly absent, it still looks pretty damn good. I believe a large part of it is attributable to the lack of colour in the show. HD definitely benefits those films/shows more that have rich colour pallettes.

13. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Captain Captain

Blu-Ray should be easier on the eyes than over-compressed "HD" cable/satellite, when it comes to shaky-cam and action scenes (and action scenes with shaky cam!)

14. Maab of the Ten Tribes

Maab of the Ten Tribes Captain Captain

That is something that I haven't even thought about. Technically it wouldn't be the "complete" series. I'm beginning to wonder if this blu-ray release date is just speculation. It does seem like they would want to wait until the entire series is finished out before they do a "complete" series blu-ray set.

15. ATimson

Impending movies didn't stop MGM with Stargate: SG-1's complete series set.

16. !LuvKJ

!LuvKJ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Complete series on Blu Ray sounds super sweet but I'm afraid of the price tag.

17. Kaijufan

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ It still looks like everything except The Plan.

19. ATimson

Well, the two Stargate movies didn't air on Sci-fi until years after their DVD debut. There have been rumors that legally that The Plan would have to air on TV before showing up on DVD to sidestep Larson's rights, but has that actually been confirmed? Or could we have it on disc this summer to air in November (probably Thanksgiving week as last time)?

20. Kaijufan

Yeah you will most likely have to buy that separately, though I imagine it will come out on Blu Ray on the same day as the DVD release and you don't have to worry about Universal reissuing a complete series box set with the Plan.