BSG: The Complete Series DVD Set

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by roguephoenix, Mar 28, 2009.

1. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

so when is this coming? :D is it even? it would be a shame if it doesn't. :(

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm predicting it'll be Blu-Ray.

3. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Being the Cheap Bastard that I am, I'm several years away from going high-def. I hope they do something for us 'normal' dvd folks.
    It's not like I'm asking for a vhs or betamax set or anything. Good 'ol regular dvd will be fine.

4. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's already been announced for Blu Ray hasn't it?

Re a DVD Complete collection, I'd be amazed if they didn't, considering that we've already had released a S1/S2 set, a S1-S3 set and a S1-S4.1 set.

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I heard someplace the complete series will be released on Blu-Ray in July. Likewise, 4.5 will be on DVD in April, as will the pilot telefilm for Caprica.

6. hamudm

hamudm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope everyone realizes that they can just go buy the individual sets... what's the hubbub about having it in a single box?

7. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Much of the hubbub relates to the series being released in high definition, I think. Not that having a box that (hopefully) saves space over the season sets isn't nice.

9. Robotech Master

Robotech Master Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

mostly 'cuz box sets tend to be cheaper.

10. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It pays to wait.

Individual sets over here have cost anywhere between £30 and £40. At the moment, you can pick up a Seasons 1-4.0 boxset, which includes the mini series and Razor, for £33.

11. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I am thinking BSG on Blu-Ray this summer will be the item that finally inspires me to buy a Blu-Ray player.

12. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't had the patience to wait for a boxed set (I pretty much never do). I buy the seasons as they are released. So I'm looking forward to getting season 4.5 on DVD, which I hear may be released in July.

13. roguephoenix

a lot of us want a neater set. if that's not your thing then that's fine. just usually the full set has more stuff included that's not on the sets released previously. this is a common tactic for studios to get people who already bought the other sets to go ahead and buy the complete set, if they're real fans, as to have the extras. for those of us who haven't shelled out $100 a season, it would give us a better deal on the full series with all the included stuff.

it probably won't be released until the cylon movie "the plan" is released already as they will want to have initial sales off that dvd before packaging it it with the complete series box set.

14. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WANT!! :D

15. MGC

MGC Lieutenant Red Shirt

I lost my mind the other day and ordered the entire series less 4.5 as well as Razor and Caprica for $136.00.Much better than the Star Trek boxes used to cost for over $100.00 a piece.Time will tell if that was a good bargain.

On a side note i could order the first 4 seasons of Stargate:Atlantis for $65.00 but decided to buy BSG instead.I love the internet....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  16. davidant32

davidant32 Commodore Commodore

the complete series on bluray, including extended episodes and webisodes, will probably run ~1 million usd, give or take. at least as much, if not more, than the bluray player itself :vulcan:

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Actually, BSG on Blu-ray will cost you 250 Rupees. You still will have 5 left over.

18. Robotech Master

Robotech Master Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But I need those 250 rupees to buy the Blue Ring!

19. roguephoenix

they will definitely have the box set since they've already started compiling behind the scenes and extras to go on the set like that interview that was on scifiwire.com, which at the end they said "the complete series coming to dvd and blu ray". so for those of us who haven't bought the series yet, rejoice! unless it's for much more, which i doubt. might come in a nifty box shaped like a cylon centurion head... or galactica!

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

God I hope not. I like my DVDs in a box or a case that can actually go on a shelf with all my other DVDs. I don't want some gaudy looking thing that has doesn't fit anywhwere and sticks out.

I also wouldn't mind them holding off on this release until Christmas or later so that The Plan can be included.