BSG Season 4.0 DVD R1 Features list

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by David cgc, Oct 7, 2008.

1. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

TVShowsOnDVD has posted the features breakdown for season 4

First off, the bad news (or good news, if you aren't naive like me). Razor is included in the set. Indeed, it appears the first disc is the exact same Razor DVD that was released last year.

Here's the full breakdown.

The SRP is $49.98.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to decide which of my friends deserves my copy of Razor.

2. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Razor? why?

I'm still gonna buy the season 4 set no matter what, but why include Razor? that's just dumb . . .

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ It's on the R2 Season 4 set too. Annoying as I imagine nearly all of us already have the standalone DVD

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Release date?

5. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I assume it's similar to the thinking behind releasing the miniseries, and then including it in the season 1 set . . .

anyone want to bet that they'll include the upcoming BSG movie(s) in the 4.5 set?

December 30

6. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Actually, it's January 6 now.

7. Leroy

Leroy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is that exactly how the content is spread across those discs? All the eps crammed into one disc with nothing but deleted scenes and commentaries on another? Also $50 for half a season?

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Shit...Razor's on this release? Well, I guess I walked right into that one!

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Razor? That's bizarre. But I'm glad to have gotten it a year earlier anyway. It was worth it. I should really give that a rewatch now that you mention it... Hell, I should rewatch the whole series for the fiftieth time!

10. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I got the R2 S4 DVDs yesterday and have started re-watching those episodes. I've only ever seen each of them once so I've really been longing to check them out again.

I find the show to be highly re-watchable. I find myself coming across details or references to past episodes I'd missed beforehand. S4 is no exception (I've seen He That Believeth In Me, Six of One and The Ties That Bind so far).

Razor is one I'll need to check out again soon (as most people here, I already had it on DVD since I didn't expect them to bundle it that way - ah, well...). There's some really strong parts in that one.

11. John Clark

John Clark Commodore Commodore

My mistake was including that on my list of ones I watched leading to S4 coming out. If I'd have known before hand, I'd have left that one out.

As per usual, Region Ones extras seem to be a lot more comprehensive than ours.

12. MyCylon

^
    Yes, it would seem there are more extras (as usual). That's never really bothered me, though. As long as all the episodes are there and sound and video quality is good, I'm happy.

13. Mysterion

Mysterion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks backstept and Ben Sisko 3.

14. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm somewhat angry that Razor is on the DVD set, I figured it wouldn't be. Oh well, I suppose I'll just give my copy to one of my friends.

I was also hoping for a commentary or two with some of the actors since we had some in the season 3 set, but I guess it's not in the cards. :(

15. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Since Disc Two has no video extras other than deleted scenes, I'd assume they're distributed 4-3-3.

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Heh, nope, I held off buying that for exactly this reason!

17. MyCylon

^
    Had I known (which I didn't) I might still have bought it since I'm not sure I'd have been able to wait :D.

18. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

save your money and wait for the "complete series" package which will include the pilot, tv movies, and all seasons. you know it's coming.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't, but I stopped buying the DVDs when they decided to split the sets up and charge $60+ a season.

20. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why upset about Razor? didn't anybody learn from the Season 1 R1 release which included the mini series?