"Blood & Chrome" to move forward

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by PsychoPere, Oct 22, 2010.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

Then it's settled, Bill Adama spent ten years on a spaceship travelling at relativistic speed.

2. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. theARE

theARE Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

4. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who says he ever graduated from the academy? During a major war the academies generally only take those who they want as career officer. Given that Adama was discharged after the war, he most likely went through some kind of abbreviated wartime officer training.

It all makes sense if you combine the following with what I just said.
    1) Colonial society is more advanced which means they probably live longer than we do. Also, if you look at any pictures of our great grandparents generation, we look younger than they did.
    2) Adama could have had a pre-colonial fleet life or could have been prior enlisted. Considering how close he was to Sam, don't rule out an early life of crime or Joseph trying to keep him out of the war. Lastly, don't rule out anti-Tauron racism.

5. Horta Burger

Horta Burger Lieutenant Red Shirt

That is funny. :rommie:

6. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also just realized...
    If they use the oBSG uniforms...and Caprica took place in a fashion period that was very 40s 50s (earth time) does that make Blood and Chrome take place in the 1970s fashionwise?
    I think I'm going to be ill (and I really hope except the flight suit, they don't bring back the oBSG uniforms)

7. Horta Burger

Horta Burger Lieutenant Red Shirt

It is going to freak some people out if young warrior Bill Adama makes his first appearance in a cape. :guffaw:

8. The Wormhole

The Razor flashback did show some Galactica crew wearing uniforms which were similar to the original series uniforms.

9. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Is this just going to be a movie or the beginning of a whole new series? I hope so because I miss BSG.

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

^ As the article posted in the opening post states, Blood and Chrome will first be a two-hour backdoor pilot. The ratings for that pilot will decide whether or not Syfy orders a full series. Originally, it was only going to be a web series, so a backdoor pilot is already quite a step-up.

11. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Admiral

But can Syfy be trusted not to frack the daggit and hold off producing a series (if they decide to go ahead) and the delaying the air date as they did with BSG (went to series at the last possible moment for cast options expired) and Caprica (months between release to DVD and airing the series).

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

They can be trusted to do what makes commercial sense for them.

BTW, Bonnie Hammer has been promoted to chairperson of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment. Glen Larson is still waiting for Bryan Singer to call.

13. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I don't remember those...what part? Anybody have any links, pics...?

14. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it would have been cool if they had used Beta instead in that scene...

15. The Wormhole

Here you go.

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

The pilot helmets also had a decal printed on them that was reminiscent of TOS helmet crests.

17. the skullcowboy

the skullcowboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i am quite happy about the premise of this project but a bit disappointed that its going to start 10 years into the war, personally I would have liked to see them start it a few months before the first cylon war and show you the events leading up to it, though I am sure they will be backstory flashbacks...maybe? please?

18. The Wormhole

Not necessarily. The story of Blood & Chrome focuses on one particular mission in the Cylon War, and so there likely won't be any further info revealed which isn't directly tied into that.

After all, Band of Brothers doesn't go into full detail of the history and politics of World War II.

19. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    Holy heck ... Wormhole, I just noticed Cookie Monster lurking behind The Count. :lol:

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

There may be a cameo from Esai Morales as Joseph Adama showing his displeasure at the younger William going off to join the Colonial Fleet, or the off-handed references to Greystone Industries, but I doubt there will be much more than that.