"Blood & Chrome" to move forward

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by PsychoPere, Oct 22, 2010.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll tell you one thing, I really hope Sci-Fi (I refuse to call it by its other name) gives Blood and Chrome a 13-episode season instead of a 20 episode one.

1) BSG was a better show when they only did 13 episodes a season. 20 episodes leads to useless filler and sloppiness in the storyline.

2) A 13 episode season would avoid the month-long layoffs between seasons. I think Caprica would have been cancelled even with a shorter season but the six-month layoff did absolutely nothing to help them. 13 episodes would allow them to run the season straight through.

2. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The Cylon war begins 52 years before the fall of the colonies, and lasts 12 years.

Only six years after Caprica's first season.

I think it's safe to say we have plenty of action to be had within that time.

3. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Wait, sorry, just saw this blurb:

So we'd have 3-4 years of war left if they don't dick with the timeline too much.

I wonder how many Battlestars will be around at that stage.

Oh and that puts Galactica at roughly 43-44 years old at the time of the fall of the 12 colonies.

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, you were right the first time; B&C will have 2 years of in-universe time in which to tell its story.

5. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Is Willie Adama from Caprica the same as William Adama in BSG and now B&C?

I thought i heard/read somewhere that due to him being older,(11 or 12?) he is too old to be the young pilot to be seen in B&C. The thought was that he dies off and Joe and new wife have another kid also named William who is the one who becomes EJO.

Thoughts?

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

^ My only thought would be "ridiculous." Caprica's William Adama is Blood and Chrome's William Adama is Battlestar Galactica's William Adama.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

If you really want to get nitpicky about age, "older" Willie could always have a serious accident or condition that requires him to be put into stasis for a few years.

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

They have stasis technology? That seems a little more advanced than any of the medicine seen in the BSG universe thus far.

9. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, it depends. In the original treatment, where Caprica took place 52 years before the Fall, and Willie Adams was eight, everything was fine with the ages assumed by BSG. When it was actually filmed, they cast a bigger kid, so Willie became twelve, and they remembered 52 years was the start of the war, so the Cylons would've had to have been around for a bit before then, so they move the pilot back six years, making Willie Adama ten years older than you'd expect.

They're moving Joe and Evelyn's relationship along fairly quickly in the show, but even if he knocked her up today with William Adama III, then he'd be two to three years younger than he should be. "Blood and Chrome" takes place 42 years before the miniseries, meaning that BSG-aged Adama would be 18 years old when he was first deployed to the Galactica as a freshly-minted ensign, Caprica-aged Adama would be 28(!), and our hypothetical replacement Adama would be 16(!!!).

Yeah, pulling a stasis machine out of their asses might be the best solution to sync up everything.

10. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bring back the hottie from Razor for sure. *drool*

11. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i agree with you entirely. if they're going to air ten episodes, then put the show on hiatus and air another ten several months later, they should just shoot abbreviated seasons, or design the 20 episode seasons to be shot as one and aired as two.

i also hope eick and company (as well as the network) go all in on this one. they really kind of dipped their toes into the pool with caprica and i think it ultimately killed the show. hopefully they'll have enough confidence in blood & chrome to give it a real shot.

i also hope they don't call it battlestar galactica: blood & chrome and just keep it blood & chrome (we all know what it is, we don't need the header to remind us), but obviously, that's quibbling.

frankly though, despite the fact that this is the show that should've been the battlestar spin-off from day one, i have little interest in it. caprica was flawed but different, and blood & chrome just feels safe and pandering.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Well this is a BSG universe with space travel, virtual realities that look identical to reality and.... VHS. :p

13. PsychoPere

Stephanie Jacobsen is indeed quite beautiful, but Kendra Shaw would not have been alive during the First Cylon War.

Oh, I bet it'll be subtitled. Syfy will want draw back in the BSG audience that didn't stay through Caprica and grab attention from casual viewers who may not even know about Caprica's relation to BSG.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think CaptainFine meant the guy that played young Adama was hot. Look at the poster's Chris Pine is a hottie avatar.:rommie:

15. pst

wait, i thought captain fine was referring to nico cortez. or maybe that blond chick who got roasted in the webisodes. i don't know, it's hard to tell. i'm confused.

16. PsychoPere

I suppose I should actually pay more attention to avatars.

My apologies, Captain Fine!

Anyways, I agree that it would be great if Nico Cortez returns. Since Eick's comments in the article said that it's basically Cortez's job to lose, I hope he's available when the producers start casting.

17. pst

here's a recent interview with him.

he says he's up for it.

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't watched Razor in a while but wow...he really does look like Jaime Bamber and EJO, especially Bamber.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

I was just about to comment that he really looks like Jamie Bamber in the pictures in the above link.

20. pst

his acting was a little bad, i thought. he took great pains to mimic EJO's way of speaking and it was kind of painful to watch.