"Blood & Chrome" to move forward

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by PsychoPere, Oct 22, 2010.

1. The Comedian

The Comedian Captain Captain

At risk of getting roundly booed here, there are a few elements in Caprica that might be interesting to explore in a series like Blood and Chrome.

For example, in Caprica, it doesn't appear that the Colonies actually united until the start of the Cylon War, and that there's some huge cultural differences between them. It would be interesting to see thuggish Taurons and pragmatic Capricans and jihadist Gemenons and, say, (presumeably) inordinately bossy Leons on the same crew...:lol:

2. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Oh, I'd enjoy that as well. That's one of the aspects about Caprica that I do find fascinating.

3. The Comedian

The Comedian Captain Captain

I can see it now...

Aquarianon: Commander! There's Cylons off the starboard bow!
    Commander Caprican: General Quarters! Stand by to launch Vipers!
    Tauron: (mutters) Frakking Capricans....I ought to kill him...
    Leon: Yeah, frakker's not the boss of ME...
    Picon: I'd rather be surfing or fishing.
    Libron: Where's the justice in this?
    Gemenon: Justice is in the hands of the One True God.
    Tauron: Frakking Gemenons. Maybe I oughta kill you instead.

4. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Commodore Commodore

5. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

6. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Never watched Caprica even though I loved BSG but this souns interesting and as long as its got Battlestars in im there.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the idea in concept, but wish they'd find characters other than William Adama to use because using him means that they're going to have to drastically rewrite/retcon the established BSG timeline, thus invalidating a good chunk of one of my favorite parts of the BSG story, "Razor".

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yay, get Nico Cortez back and give him some badass fellow fighters and do a really kick-ass war series. If they can get this going and keep Caprica on the air, it would be wonderful to see two very different yin/yang takes on the BSG-verse.

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome.

10. Temis the Vorta

I wouldn't get too worried about this. They can't say they're sold on him in the role without screwing their bargaining position. He'll have the role if they can work it out, and why wouldn't they? He isn't a big name but this could be a high profile role for him.

I'd also love the chance to see Sam again. They can figure out some rationale why he "forgot" the old days. ;) If Daniel is the "father" in the goo bath, we don't need to lose him. Zoe certainly can still exist. Maybe the best elements from Caprica can be merged into B&C. I'd love to see Saul Tigh as a young toaster. Who should play the role? If only they could afford Sam Rockwell!

You won't hear any booing from me. That all sounds great!

11. Temis the Vorta

I'm wracking my brain for the actor who could play a young Saul Tigh. Ron Livingston is reasonably close in terms of looks and attitude. Desmond Harrington (Quinn on Dexter) is very close in looks and certainly can pull off both the hard-ass and smart-ass aspects of the character. And I have this funny feeling his days on that show might be numbered, since he's making the fatal mistake so many characters before him have... ;)

12. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And they more or less said as much in the article. Its Nico's job to lose.

As for same, it could be tricky. When dealing with two time periods of the same story, you have to be careful. Joe Adama, we know his destiny so an aged Esi Morales could guest star without giving too much away.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  13. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only thing this show would invalidate is Adama's war record from Hero, which shows he only made one kill in the entire First Cylon War (or something to that effect), which flies in the face of all the stuff in the miniseries about him being in the war. Besides, the flashbacks in Razor are at the end of the war, so it's not like the series has any real chance of negating those events.

14. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes the viewers for Caprica might be very low but Syfy is going to have to look at a) what a new series will cost to put in production, b) when can they get it to production and c) will it rate any better?

After all how much money do they burn on those abyssmal movies they keep turning out?

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

Not much. With those "Syfy Original Movies," they're basically just buying the tv rights to "movies" produced by other companies. They don't have to worry about production costs with those at all.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Agreed it was too much of a jump in theme to go with a slow drawn out show like Caprica after BSG. If anything do this first then Caprica should of come 3rd or you could of merged the creation of the Cylon in flashbacks in a show like Blood & Chrome, which is a bad title for a show IMO.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see what you did there. ;)

18. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

You know what, I would rather see a well-produced Husker miniseries than a full-blown attempt at an ongoing TV series. With all the cancellation fears nowadays, a solid 3-4 hour story would be fantastic.

19. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds awesome. They probably should've done this instead of Caprica or at least have done it before doing Caprica. I think this pretty much toasts Caprica despite what Stern says.

20. Takeru

Takeru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No one, because there's no young Saul Tigh, the Final Five arrived at the end of the first Cylon War and the Tighs weren't younger then than they were in BSG. After Cavil killed them, Tigh was boxed for 20 years and when he reappeared in the colonies, he already looked like a slightly younger Michael Hogan with more hair. Tighs memories of fighting in the war were faked.

But I would love to see Final Five actually appearing and ending the war in the pilot with most of the movie (or mini-series?) being a flashback. I'm not sure it should be a regular series, there's always the chance it's getting cancelled without completing the story. A six or eight hours mini-series is more than enough to tell a great story, wrap up Caprica if necessary and tie it into BSG by showing the Final Five.