"Blood & Chrome" to move forward

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by PsychoPere, Oct 22, 2010.

1. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

yes and there were photos, but they've since disappeared.

luckily i saved them cuz i'm a geek like that:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so they kept the razor uniforms, but threw out the black and green undershirts for the familiar galactica double tank. you can also see the flight suit vest in the first photo in the background as well as the BDUs straight out of BSG.

and yeah, that's fiddie from caprica.

2. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm wondering about what the replacement, if any, will be for the Duty Blues

3. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

In Razor they were pretty much a 50/50 mash-up of the '77 uniforms and the remake versions.

I'd imagine they might do the same again, though they'll probably gussy them up a bit since its a weekly series and not a one-off fanwank.

4. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well you have no idea if those will stick...they were an homage to TOS BSG but they may not choose to go with that look on a regular basis. I don't know.

I'd like to see something that isn't as cut and dry as that...people will undoubtedly still have stronger loyalites to their home planets than the united Colonies, and they may have units that are divided into Gemanon or Caprica factions.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't been paying as much attention lately to entertainment news as I normally do, so I didn't realize it had moved beyond the script and casting stage until I saw the article I linked. Thanks for re-posting those photos!

6. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

So did they rebuild the Galactica sets for this? Seems like quite an investment for a small project.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

The Galactica sets are going to be virtual. Meaning they film the actors in front of a green screen and digitally insert the background of Galactica's interiors.

8. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Judging from all the green screen in the pictures, my guess would be that they didn't build any new major sets. Looks like it might be shot like how Sanctuary is, where they just use smaller physical sets and use green screen for the vast stuff.

Edit: Whoops, the Wormhole and I posted at the same time.

Sean

9. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Will they then go ahead with full sets if it goes to series?

10. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

Not from everything I've heard. From having spoken with a few people involved, I get the impression they're planning for the long term with this CG set business. And given the exposure of a show like V that makes extensive use of virtual sets every week, and the extensive use of CG sets in the latter episodes of Caprica, I suspect that "digital soundstages" are going to become more and more common for these types of shows.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I can understand the budgetary impetus, but I have to say that's a shame. The Galactica sets were filled with so many wonderful tactile details. I feel like that will be lost with CGI sets--even the best ones that can be created for television.

12. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with you; I don't think it will look as good as the real thing. I was rewatching The Hub the other day, and it occurred to me when Laura and Head!Elosha were wandering the empty halls just how in that space they were, tangibly surrounded by the set far moreso than anything we've seen on V or Caprica.

Still, if it lets them save enough money to make the show viable, I cant complain. I'd rather have a (hopefully good) BSG prequel with some compromises than no BSG at all.

13. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

^ Second.

14. Frontman

Frontman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah guys you totally miss the point. It's all about the characters and not story and let a lone sets or wardrobe I mean that's so Star Trek.

Edward Olmos could of used his dining room for Galactica CIC. He, his wife and Bodie would sit around Olmos family table and that will be that CIC table. EJO could play parts of Adama and Starbuck. Bodie could play Boomer. And EJO's wife will play Tigh and Gaeta. Instead of that old phone, Adama always talks in, EJO will use a sandwich, open it and talk into it.
    When they need to simulate Cylon projectile hitting Galactica EJO will let one of his famous farts and whole room will start to shake, paint from the wall will start to peel off and etc.

I mean it still would work because nuBSG is indestructible since it's based on drama and characters which overshadows everything else.
    Not like Star Trek which depends on that technical mubo jumbo which in every episode takes charge over those weak characters with those deus ex machina endings.

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh dear. Someone has obviously not seen DS9.

16. pst

pst Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

eh, disagree about the star trek thing - at least in terms of earlier trek.

but honestly, as much as BSG was definitely about characters and story, part of what made it so interesting was its realism. even in caprica i think that's true - watch the pilot, then watch the finale and tell me the show didn't lose something in its increasing reliance on VFX.

17. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Yeah, the pilot was much more boring than the finale...