bermuda triangle over brazil?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by varek, May 29, 2014.

1. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

2. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Given that the "Bermuda Triangle" is a perfectly mundane tract of water, while the South Atlantic Anomaly is a positive shitfest of LEO weirdness, I'd say they are actually the opposite.

3. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Without even reading the points elucidated in the link, I will venture the thought that this is likely a smokescreen to divert attention from the imminent social unrest shitstorm attendant to the World Cup. Or maybe from the essential problem therein, the damned theme song!!!!! :rolleyes:

4. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The South Atlantic Anomaly is nothing new, and neither is the "look, a squirrel!" tactic in politics.

5. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As for the latter assertion, truer words were never spake. I suppose I might better have unloaded my artless jibes about the upcoming competition in Sports & Fitness. Well, live and learn, live and learn....

6. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, the Southern Atlantic Anomaly is still a matter of some interest—but hardly enough to distract most people from hot-button political issues. (Most people probably couldn't tell you the order of the planets.) Science geeks who didn't already know of it would be interested. Throwing in the "Bermuda Triangle" analogy smacks of sensationalism—I've never heard the SAA called that. It's like stories that HAARP is a super-weapon based on secret Tesla technology for directing earthquakes at enemies.

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The South Atlantic Anomaly? A shoggoth did it.