BECK to be a live action movie

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

The popular manga and anime about an up and coming rock band is going to be a live action movie:

BECK

2. knine

knine Captain Captain

For a second, I was thinking you were talking about another "BECK". ;)

3. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

No, I was posting this news for the anime fans that are here on the board.

4. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Commodore Commodore

I read some reports on the movie that they're reducing Koyuki's role and focusing more on Ryusuke(Hiro Mizushima). I don't really like that. I love the Koyuki/Maho relationship in the anime and then in the manga and I don't really see that having much focus if you're de-emphasizing Koyuki's role in the movie. Plus Maho is pretty awesome so anything which as a byproduct means less screen time for her sucks.

I've also watched about 5 or 6 dramas that Hiro Mizushima has been in and I'm not really sure how he'll be as Ryusuke. He has a tendency to severely overact and put your mind 'off' the show you're watching just by his performance IMO.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. Got my hopes up. Every week, Mythbusters tries out a new way to horribly murder Glenn Beck. License to print money. :bolian:

6. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I thought the music in BECK was a bit better than Beck's...if that sentence makes any sense. Well, the English version, anyway. The original songs are good, but they're in Japanese accented English. The dub redid the songs with native speakers. I usually don't approve of this but it worked with this series. :)

Yeah, that would be quite disappointing if true. Their relationship was the best part of the show. Also hopefully the actors they get can actually play the various instruments.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010