Bear McCreary solicits requests for the Season 4 Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by David cgc, Jan 12, 2009.

1. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Just a heads up, since I know there are a lot of other music fans out here. On his blog, Bear McCreary mentioned he's started the process of making the season 4 soundtrack, and trimming down the candidates he's chosen to fit the runtime (apparently, the "best of the best of the best" for just the ten episodes (and Razor) that we've seen came out to 90 minutes, and he thinks the music from the second half of the season kicks that music's ass, which is saying something). To assist in that process, he's asking us, the fans, to say what our favorite pieces from season 4.0 (and Razor) were, so he can make an informed decision on what goes on the disc.

Speak your mind!

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think if he's having trouble picking, then there should be individual releases for 4.0, "Razor" and 4.5... But that's just me because I'm an addict.

3. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

A must have: The choral piece that played after the arrival of the fleet at earth in Revelations, and we MUST have the song that Gaeta sings when he's in the hospital bed.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

OT: His soundtrack for The Sarah Connor Chronicles has had to go in for reprinting due to a surprising demand.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

My main choice would be the music from the last ten minutes or so of "Guess What's Coming to Dinner".

6. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree the arrival to Earth has to be on the disc. The flashback in Razor needs to be on the disc as well since it includes parts of the original BSG theme.

7. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love all the music mentioned in this thread plus I'd really enjoy the Scorpion Shipyard attack music from Razor.

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The two that must be there are the Scorpion Fleet Yards attack and the fleet find Earth.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I was watching the end of Hub last night. During the attack on the Hub, that was an amazing score. I wish these soundtracks were available on Itunes since it would be great to buy.

10. David cgc

That's the one I'm emphatic should not be on the CD, because I already have a clean copy from the end credits of Razor. I'm not going to lose three minutes of precious, precious album time to something I already have.

11. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been re-watching season 4.0 on DVD in preparation for the new episodes, and the music is really top notch. There are several tracks that I desperately need!

- the battle in the nebula in "He That Believeth in Me"
    - any and every possible version of Gaeta's Lament from "Guess What's Coming to Dinner?"
    - the destruction of the resurrection hub in "The Hub"
    - another arrangement of the Adama/Roslin theme at the end of "The Hub"
    - all music from "Revelations", particularly the music during the final act

12. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bear? they have wild animals doing the music on the show?

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I see what you did there. Five years too late. :rolleyes:

14. hamudm

hamudm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kendra Shaw's theme from Razor.

15. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They should do a soundtrack for season 4.0 and 4.5. The two seem so far removed it makes sense to me. They are even removed in production due to the writer's strike.

16. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. A two-disk release seems in order.

17. David cgc

Well, he seems committed to a one-disc volume to match the others. I suppose it's all right, since whatever's left will end up on the ninety-disc bonus album.

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Is it 90 minutes of bonus material now? Is that a two-CD set, or an itunes thing, or...?

19. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe he can even get the music on the latest round of nBSG commercials on the album. I think its a reworking of Requiem for a Dream, but if you listen carefully to the longer commercials, you can hear some differences.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    McCreary isn't involved with the adverts, though, and doesn't do the music for them (unless its music pulled from previous episodes). Little chance of that happening, I'm afraid.