Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

71.9%
  2. Above Average

14.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Was the ending realistic?

Well, in another fictional universe; we DID create Skynet and I think most know how THAT went...;) :lol:

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Thinking about the ending a bit now, I feel really sad for Lee, all alone at the end. As one of my favourite characters I really hope he went on to have a good life and met someone special
    I'm actually welling up thinking about it as I write this :(

I'll also add some more points & thoughts from the episode to my previous "excellent"

* Admiral Hoshi- best thing ever

* President Lampkin- second best thing ever

* I though Helo had kicked it after he was shot, so I was delighted to see he's survived at the end. Despite some, I always liked the guy

* Loved the Boomer flashback, I found that really emotional

* Cavil's death was just brilliant. "Frak!", still has me laughing my head off now

* I liked the "trick" of what seemed like there was gonna be a peaceful solution to the conflict with Cavil, and then Tyrol has to go and totally frak it up! :lol: Nice to see some revenge for Cally though

* The opera house flashbacks to what we'd seen way back in Kobol's Last Gleaming and Crossroads was awesome-o

* NuBSG Centaurians kicking the shit out of TOS style models :D

* Kara's goodbye to Sam, and Adama & Roslin in the Raptor had me weeping manly tears I have to say

* Baltar survived! Hurrah!

3. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

I'll agree to disagree. I have no problems and no hard feelings.

But I do have to ask why you think a clean slate is not the right solution. I don't understand your reasoning whatsoever. Is there some precedent here you're referring to that the Colonials are tragically repeating? How did not it work? What didn't work? Obviously if NYC exists, there hasn't been another AI holocaust in 150,000 years -- a way better margin than the 2000 year intervals they had going there.

4. Gregsmack

Excellent post. You've articulated it better than any other poster here that I've seen.

5. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

It's amazing how top-heavy the review poll is, considering how terrible and full of holes the finale was. ;)

6. Gregsmack

^ To be fair, I voted excellent but still had some minor qualms with the NYC coda.

On that note, love the sig. Very moving scene. I personally think the episode and series should have ended on that image of Adama on the hill.

7. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Saying someone "didnt get it" because they dont hold the same opinion as you is one of the laziest and meaningless criticisms you can give.

I thought it was ok. There were a few parts I enjoed, quite a few parts I didnt care for.

I liked Baltar a lot in this episode for some reason.

8. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you.

9. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I voted excellent despite having some reservations. The reason was even with those faults, it was still amazing. There was more awesomness in this episode than in any before.

Think of it like going to a resort for 2 week vacation, with great weather and good fun, great service etc the whole time... except one day it was rainy, you got locked out of your room, got food poisoning and lost your shoes.

Still beats a week of your regular life.

10. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Well said.

Yeah, I do too. His father apparently doesn't want to see him anymore and Kara is gone. Although considering the fact that we learned he was going to sleep with his brother's girlfriend less than 12 hours after he met her while his brother was in the room, maybe he deserves to be alone on that front.

It's really a shame about Dee though. If she would have hung on a few more months, she would have had a new home and Lee to herself.

11. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But those 2000 year intervals were periods of continuous culture with no known loss of technology (besides resurrection). Over those 150,000 years, we had to start everything from scratch.

12. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

The thing with Bill saying goodbye to Lee. I think Lee knew what Bill was going to do when Laura's time was near. Perhaps they had discussed it, or maybe Lee just knew his father.

Bill decided to fly until Laura died. When that happened, he would land wherever they were and build their cabin there. He didn't know how far he'd get, but knew it would be far enough that, after disassembling the raptor for parts, it was highly unlikely he'd ever see anyone again.

Or at least, that's what I got out of those scenes.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Lee can hook up with that lady doctor that appeared out of nowhere this season. Apparently she has a thing for men that look like Jamie Bamber. ;)

14. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    She was also in Season Two.

15. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

She wasnt a doctor, she's a nurse/medic. She was the one who operated on Adama in Scattered and has been in the show ever since then.

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Fabulous ending despite the occasionally dodgy CG Centurions. Nice refs to other SF though - laughed out loud at Cavill's quoting Grand Moff Tarkin ("I think you overestimate their chances!")

Hera can't be mitochondrial Eve though, if, as Head Six and Head Baltar suggest, she was still a little girl when she died.

OTOH, we know some of the Cylons (2, 8 and 6s) stayed, so maybe they eventually did manage to interbreed and the skeleton in the magazine was one of their offspring.

17. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The phrase used was "young woman" not "little girl" - it is Hera.

18. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Ha, yeah that would have been cool. Maybe we'll see that in the extended DVD version :)

btw, nice review from SFX magazine here

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Eh? Would have been? It happened. She's the exact same nurse that was in Season 2. She's the one that saved Adama's life after Boomer shot him.

20. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ I think Ethros was responding to Aragorn, about Lee hooking up with Ishay (the nurse portrayed by Bamber's wife).