Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

71.9%
  2. Above Average

14.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    How come the poll only goes up to Excellent? What are we supposed to do if it is better than that?

Haven't you seen This is Spinal Tap?

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I read it the same way. :rommie:

3. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Commodore Commodore

So the poll should go:

Godlike
    Ascension
    Fatality
    Super Fantastico
    Excellent

Excellent being the worst option of course. :p

4. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

This is to important to have to wait through commercials, so I'll not start watching it until I have it on my DVR so I can skip those commercials. I can't wait. :)

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

"Revelations" got an 84% Excellent rating in the grading thread and "The Oath" got 82% Excellent. I wonder what this will get.

6. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

^ Probably not as high. As a series finale, a lot of people may be disappointed. This is pretty much what it all comes down to. It's one thing to make a single pivotal episode, but to have a unanimously adored finale is something entirely different.

Which is not to say it won't be incredible, but different strokes for different folks.

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I've seen it quoted quite a bit and I think I too have the same view, but this episode will go a long way towards me thinking if this was a good series or not. I know a lot of people love this show and even if it's just watching Tigh or Adama drink, it would still be awesome (Perhaps that's a bit of an overexaggeration, but it helps the point), I feel there is a lot riding on this episode because it's the end of the series and the writers have made a lot riding on this episode. I hope it's good, I can't wait, but there is still a part of me that is really wondering what to expect and whether or not I will be slightly (or more) disappointed when it's all said and done.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

It is forbidden to have "Robau" be an option on internet message board polls.

9. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

If I rearrange a wee bit your list, it goes like this:

Godlike
    Ascension
    Fatality
    Fantastico
    Excellent
    Super

:eek: Uncanny!

;)

10. Hunter X

Hunter X Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm calling the final scene right now, totally speculation:

It's going to go back to Leoben's line in Flesh and Blood about how all of this has happened before, and all of it will again, except everyone will be cast in different roles. We're going to see the colonies again in the far, far future, established, perhaps right before/during/after the attacks. All of it will be happening again and we'll see all of our familiar actors again, only they'll be in the rolls of different characters. Apollo will be Baltar, Adama will be Cavil, Cavil will be Adama, Tigh will be Starbuck. :p

You get the idea.

11. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking of that as well. I don't know how they would pull it off, unless everything goes black and then we see starbuck running in the corridors of Galactica etc,

-Chris

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

This is interesting....

I hated the third season and a lot of the 4th season!!!!!

13. tomalak301

That is an interesting quote. Pity the follow-up question was "what about those who loved the the first 2 seasons?" Would have been nice to know.

14. cbspock

How about people stop bitching about the finale until after you see it. This is all starting to sound like the Star Trek forum for the new movie.

-Chris

15. tomalak301

I'm trying not to bitch about the finale, and I hope it is good, but there is nothing wrong with responding to biased articles. ;)

16. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then I'm gonna love it!

17. cbspock

Why let some jerk critic sour your experience going into the finale. Most of the time the critics are wrong, or have some bias, like they are anti-religion, etc.

-Chris

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

If we're going to play that game, I'll up the ante on the silliness and suggest that Kara, Lee, Baltar and a couple of others will be the "Final Five Cylons" of some future human race. :lol:

19. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

If we're going that route, the let Richard Hatch be Commander Adama. C'mon, it'll only be one scene.

20. cbspock

or the Red Alert klaxon goes off, and Richard Hatch in the old colonial uniform is seen jumping into a Viper as Capt. Apollo.

-Chris