Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

71.9%
  2. Above Average

14.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

You missed out part of that interview

2. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Commodore Commodore

He's the one behind everything, dammit! :mad:

3. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh teh noes!11 Boxey is teh Daniels!!!111

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Amen Raz....This show has been far from perfect, and anyone with honesty in their blood would admit to that. But, having said that, they have a chance to bring this to a good ending. I just hope it isn't a backdoor pilot for Caprica and leaves us having to watch that show for more answers..if it does? Yikes...

Rob

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I will be very upset if we get an ending even implying that we need to see "The Plan" or Caprica just to see what is going on. I get enough of that attitude here on the board thank you very much.

6. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

I haven't yet seen or read anything that would even remotely suggest The Plan or Caprica will be required viewing for anyone wanting to follow BSG's storyline. I don't know why anyone would be concerned about that.

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Because we are talking about a ratings driven industry. That episode showing us Baltar's dad was part of this seed planting I believe.

Rob

8. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

It clearly wasn't.

9. Nobody

Nobody Commodore Commodore

Considering the main families of Caprica have already been released and that Baltar grew up on a colony away from Caprica -- I doubt it. I don't believe anything in that scene had a "plant" vibe (besides the farming) other than to show how Baltar came to trust Six.

-nobody

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

We'll see...I totally believe that Baltar's dad in that show...

Rob

11. Nobody

Nobody Commodore Commodore

Besides, "it's a ratings culture!" why do you think that? Plus, given that Baltar's dad would be the same age as William Adama in Caprica, I doubt we'll see Baltar's dad. Nothing in the scene lends itself to hinting he'll be back, especially with age caveat thrown in.

-nobody

12. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

If so, then Caprica will have me groaning even more than a typical 'prequel' does.

13. Garth Rockett

If it will make anyone feel better:

Link

14. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just saw it. I thought that the kiss between Helo and Adama was kinda forced. I totally called Roslin as the cylon God too.

I don't understand why Cavil was wearing that bright orange fluorescent dildo on his head, though.

I give in an above average.

15. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw: This is what happens when you ask 3 questions in one sentence then try to answer them all with one answer. I know the reviewer means we won't be disappointed, but I had to read it twice. :lol:

16. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

He's a dick. Sometimes the most obvious symbolism...:rolleyes:

:lol:

17. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can understand not wanting to invest in "Caprica" getting all huffy over
    "The Plan" however makes no sense to me, as its still a component of the main series and obviously I think it helps flesh things out. Its also telling that they haven't aired it before the finale means there are giveaways in its storyline. It strikes me as silly to want to not see it...

Sharr

18. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Commodore Commodore

I remember an interview with Jane Espensen just after 'No Exit' had aired. Someone was questioning her, and had the theory that if 'Razor' was like an extended episode based on some lines of dialogue in 'Pegasus,' then 'The Plan' will be the same, only based on 'No Exit' instead, which she seemed to confirm. It sounds interesting enough whether there are any revelations in it or not. If there are then I'm sure they'd have some sort of ramifications for 'Caprica.'

I've just got my profile sorted for the last episode - got my Roslin on! :D Anyone else having a BSG avatar for the finale? We could flood the board or some crap. :lol:

19. Garth Rockett

I agree, although I understand if people are concerned that "Daybreak Part II" won't give them all the answers they want and they would have to wait a few more months until The Plan airs. I don't think that will be the case. The Plan was conceived pretty late in the game, and everything they've said about the finale indicates it will provide all the important information you'll need.

Having said that, naturally The Plan will have some new information in it. Otherwise, what's the point? But as Seven of Five suggested, I think it will be fleshing out what we've already learned, and what we've already learned (plus what's in the final episode) will be sufficient to understand everything that's happened.

20. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

:lol: