Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

71.9%
  2. Above Average

14.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe the Simons will figure out how to do it. They seemed to be a science related class. Maybe they have a couple of D'Anna's on ice aboard a baseship?

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I would. Something about their new simple living appealed to me.

Yeah, what was up with his sudden suicide?

I don't feel shortchanged by the lack of concrete answers to all the metaphysical stuff. We don't always have solid answers for stuff like that in real life and BSG is supposed to be about as grounded as our lives are, so not having direct answers works on that level. Besides, if we really want to, we can connect the dots and come up with something. ...like the Ship of Lights. Maybe that's how Moore worked it into the show. Subtly.

Anders recovering? People recover, then relapse for reasons we can't explain. This goes back to what I said about BSG being a grounded show that's supposed to be somewhat in line with what we experience in our own lives.

What does get me though are the coincidences thoughout the show, like how did so many pivotal characters just happen to find themselves onboard the Galactica? I'm still working on that one.

3. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I know one person whose not going to be reproducing...Hoshi. See BSG: The Face of the Enemy.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

He knew he was going to die anyway because Resurrection was no longer possible (Tory had one of the program codes and she was dead).

5. DarthPipes

He knew he was going to die anyway because Resurrection was no longer possible (Tory had one of the program codes and she was dead).[/quote]

That was a pretty cool death.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I didn't expect it either.

7. Agent Richard07

I don't remember that part, but I do remember them saying that they communicated with head people too. If they were chosen afterall, then I don't know why. Maybe they were simply in the right position to be useful given their research.

8. DarthPipes

As much as I like Lee and Kara, they both comes off looking very scummy. Drunk or not, they nearly slept with each other the first night they met and didn't seem mindful of Zak until he woke up.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ What was more shocking was, if you listen closely, that wasn't the first time Lee slept with one of Zak's girlfriends.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

well, they were drunk

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

remind me, was that the last Cavil alive? or could there be more Cavils out there?

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I thought that I read on Battlestar Wiki that Cavil was the last Cavil, but that line isn't there anymore. There are probably more.

13. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

That was not the last Cavil alive but the implication is the rest perished on the destroyed colony, I think. The series has never been clear where the rest of the Cylons were, but I guess that was it. The ones following the fleet and the ones on the colony.

It also wasn't clear that the colony was destroyed, was it? I don't remember seeing it explode, but the whole racetrack nuking it and Galactica urgently jumping away thing was supposed to get that across, I think.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ The Colony was supposed to be destroyed - there were explosions and Galactica did jump with part of itself in their hull so it'd probably cause some damage. We do know that at least two basestars escaped because they were mentioned in Part 1.

15. Agent Richard07

How did Galactica get ahold of the rest of the fleet after they reached Earth?

16. WeAreTheBorg

Huh? Part 1? Escape from what? Nothing happened in part 1.

17. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

They sent a raptor back to the meet up point.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Raptors. Starbuck didn't know the jump coordinates, but the Admiral did.

19. WeAreTheBorg

Hoshi mentions a Raptor making contact with them.

20. Agent Richard07

Makes sense. :o