Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

71.9%
  2. Above Average

14.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
  5. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I've bolded the part of my quote that you seemed to not read.

Of course they can have sex, but only as an animal might. Instinctively, primitively. The colonials on the other hand are intelligent beings. It's a mismatch of intellect and maturity and therefore has undertones of statutory rape.

6. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, yes. :p But I'm wondering if he was a native, another half-breed, a human, or a Cylon...

7. steveman

steveman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the ending really services what the series was all about: Posing questions about us, humanity.

And the series poses one last question: Will we just do it all over again?

I think it's sort of profound, really. Just one last question. And it's the biggest one of all.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The natives didn't look like dumb animals. If they have enough smarts to walk single file, organize hunts, carry tools, etc., then they must have some form of intelligence.

9. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think just showing the robot on TV would of been enough and people would of got the message. The montage of different robots was really unnecessary.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

To be fair so can an ape.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It was Caprica. I'm sure many of those night-time exterior shots we saw will be reused in the TV show.

Tigh: "Forty? I only had to pay thirty on Picon!"
    Dancer: "This isn't Picon."

12. WeAreTheBorg

They have no language. That's pretty damn primitive. Racoons can walk single file too, you know. Sure they are a step above animals but still.

13. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I read it. It still didn't make any sense.

The sex act is natural... it doesn't require a higher level of development. These humans are clearly tribal and have the ability to build and use tools, weapons, hunt for food, organize themselves, etc. I think they would be capable of choosing a sexual partner.

Did George Taylor and Nova give you the heebie-jeebies?

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Well, maybe it's the introduction of the Colonial humans' DNA that spurs the development of Earth's humans into what we became. Homo sapiens idaltu emerged some time around 150,000 BC in Africa.

15. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

So Moore was sort of ripping off TNG's "The Chase"?

Another ending would've been to have 150,000 years later...and there's a show about A.I. on and we see the backs of peoples heads watching it...then their faces...Cavil, Doral and Simon.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I still kinda hoped for the ending that EJO proposed.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The women folk didn't fare well on this show.

-Roslin is dead.

-Kara disappeared and probably died in Season 3.

-Race Track is dead.

-Dee committed suicide, Cally was murdered, and Kat died.

-Tory and Boomer got killed.

I think that was it for the major/minor female characters (Tory and Boomer aside). Caprica, Athena, and Ellen are Cylons and Hera is half-Cylon.

18. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Heck, even just a montage of robots that weren't all toy-like and cutesy japanese would have been more appropriate.

I don't mind the end, as some here do but I do think it will look really dated because it already looks out of left field and kind of silly. It sort of douses the dramatic flame of epic-ness that all the open fields and lone humans lit up in the previous scenes.

19. WeAreTheBorg

Of course it does. The key word is consent. Sex doesnt require a higher level of development, but consent does. That's of course not an issue between primitives, but when one party is a high thinking person, it becomes an issue, I think. That's just the feeling I get, I'm not saying this is necessarily true, I just wonder about that. It's a hypothetical psychological and sociological question that doesn't really apply in our world.

20. Samson88B

Samson88B Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

OK - in true celebratory fashion I enjoyed watching the last episode with my wife and some beer and wine. We voted excellent. With all of the speculation on this site I have to admit that I was kind of concerned that there would be too many questions unanswered. I but personally think that was not the case.

On the critical side, I had problems with Galatica being so beat up and hanging by a thread before the final attack. Then being able to take such a assault and then ram into another object - and then surviving a jump. It seemed a bit of a stretch. That being said, I was glad the OLD GIRL made it through. Very emotional to see her make it through. It was bitter sweet to see her and the RTF go into the sun.

For me enough of the questions were answered to keep me satisfied. IMHO I think Kara was a angel that had a different purpose than the head six an Baltar. Boomer got what she deserved as some on this site had speculated. Galactica did Ram the Cylon ship as some speculated, but that was not her end. I'm sure there are more that some on this site deserve a pat on the back for but I have had too much to drink to remember. Oh! Gayland killing that other witch of a cylon was well deserved! The fans on this board have been incredible acrurate in predicting things that would happen on this series. I have to say however, through all of the charactors and plot devices I feel Ron and the crew pulled it together in the end.
    Galactica was one hell of a ship and so was her crew. For me this was not a let down and an excellent end to a excellent series (despite some minor flaws)

As Sam said ...."See you on the other side!"

SO SAY WE ALL! SO SAY WE ALL! SO SAY WE ALL!

SO SAY WE ALL!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009