Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

71.9%
  2. Above Average

14.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica's final episode.
    [highlight]***SPOILERS AHEAD***[/highlight]​

"Daybreak, Part II"

[​IMG]

2. Agent Richard07

Source

Source

Source

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

God, I got emotional just seeing "Series Finale" in the thread title. This is going to be tough.

4. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm liking those quotes given the ruckus that's been in this forum lately!

I seem to recall one of the writers making a remark that the finale would "answer questions you didn't even know you had..."

Sharr

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

You are early. What, people get to see an advanced screening of it somewhere and no one told me?

6. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice. Good news from the exit polls.:)

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'm excited. Moore has been promising answers to all those questions people have been fretting about in this for the entire half season, so I'm not particularly worried there. Should be one hell of a ride.

8. Agent Richard07

Yeah, there was an advanced screening on Monday followed by a Q&A session with Ron Moore. Looks like it was well recieved too.

9. tomalak301

Well, I was actually talking about open to the general public but ok. I'm done with this plot/story debate. It's tiring and frankly I do want to know what happens in the final episode. Then I can form a bonafide opinion.

I will say this though. If they only tackle the issue with Starbuck (Who is she, how did she survive and dammit I want to see the Maelstrom incident entirely from her point of view, flashing light and all), the Opera House, and who the head people are, I will be satisfied.

10. Agent Richard07

^ You know what's funny? It's been two years since we saw Starbuck come back and we still don't know what happened to her.

11. tomalak301

Now you know why I've been so frustrated with this series the last few episodes and why quotes from Mr Moore saying "Screw the plot, the show has always been about the characters" has irked me. ;)

12. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The finale is basically going to determine whether I think fondly of the show, or bitterly. Yeah, i'm really invested in this damn thing, there are fracking HUGE expectations riding on it that I hope it can fulfill.

13. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Commodore Commodore

I think series finales help to determine your eventual outcome of any given show. Especially if you never go and rewatch it again.

I really want to see the episode now. There's been a fair amount of negativity flying around here for a few weeks but the snippets from the reviews above have me totally worked up and are helping me to ignore it all. I was getting teary at part one so I have no idea what stupid mess I'll get in this week! :lol:

Over the years BSG has often had me in some sort of dribbling, incoherent mess, so here's to one last one! :techman:

14. CinC_UFPForces

CinC_UFPForces Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sigh.

I has a sad about this.

15. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

These are great quotes and I can't wait! I'll believe these reviews and hopefully this will be a fitting end that will erase the bad taste of the last 4 nothing happening eps. If it turns out that they had to concentrate really hard on the finale to the extent that they may have neglected a few episodes leading up to it - while not ideal (it didn't happen on DS9, that's for sure) I think I can deal with that.

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe I need to go to the LOST forum and start the topic about their finale episode. :-p

Early much? :-p

It better be good to make up for the trash last month of episodes.

17. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the reviews are good. Damn, it's only Wednesday.

18. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

if this is what the critics are saying, this outta be a blast!

19. Agent Richard07

Here's part of an old interview with Ron Moore which took place in July 2008. It includes questions that season 4.5 is supposed to answer. The line of questioning doesn't reveal anything about the final episode beyond whether or not certain questions will be answered. If you want to consider that being spoiled, then don't read on.

Source

20. tomalak301

I really wish I had the Season 3 DVD set because for some reason, I really want to see Maelstrom again.