Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Grade Blood & Chrome...

1. Excellent

35.0%
  2. Above Average

43.1%
  3. Average

19.5%
  4. Below Average

2.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

And in other news, somewhere on the set of JJ's new Star Trek film len's flares have gone missing :eek:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I noticed that. I was like.. look! a lens flare! and then I chuckled. Quietly.

Damn JJ for making me notice something I never consciously thought about before NuTrek.

3. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Overall, I was impressed. Only once or twice did the virtual sets look just a skosh video-gamey. Liked the "enhancements" (extra stuff in CIC, hangars, etc).

One tiny nitpick. They had the wrong uniforms on. They should have been wearing the "callback" uniforms established in the Razor flashbacks, not the ones that would be used when the Colonies fell.

Does anyone have any good orthos for the "new"/old Raptor? Or set schematics for the new hangar and CIC?

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I would take continuity with a grain of salt when it comes to the first war. I'm not sure how many 'first missions' of Adams we've seen to date.

Plus the whole Galactica armor thing which I can't figure out.

5. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

On the Galactica? Just the one that I know of. Operation Raptor Talon in the "Razor" flashbacks was the last battle of the war, and Adama had been on the Big G for some time by then..

I think it was pointed out earlier that this was Galactica in her prime. The ship we saw in the series was stripped down for drydocking.

Forgot to mention that the composer deserves props for using the real Galactica theme in Part 1.

Another request...any information about the supporting ships in the G's battlegroup out there?

6. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I would point out that Adama is using a holoband. However it's clunkier than the ones they used on Caprica. So maybe their is an ongoing campaign of hardening and downgrading tech?

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe it is chunkier, not clunkier to use on board ship?

8. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I don't know the ones on Caprica are elegant and tiny. The one they show on Blood and Chrome is huge. Much larger than you would need to just make the Caprica ones sturdier.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Ok this is a series I might watch...after having abandoned the nuBSG for the most part after a few seasons. At least I'll get to see a movie length episode. So far B&C has offered superior production design, FX and pacing over the nuBSG series. Also enjoying this version of Adama and the characters could grow on me. 9 out of 10 so far for two webisodes.

RAMA

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

This actually makes sense. In real-world applications, milspec equipment of the electronic variety is over-abundantly hardened, tempested and armored to be able to withstand being able to get run over by a M1A3 Abrams Main Battle Tank, withstand an EMP burst and still function as the day it was built. If this is a Colonial milspec holoband, it would stand to reason that it would look much more bulky than its civilian/commercial counterpart.

Finally got a chance to see this over the weekend and, My God, WTF have the fuckwits at Skffy been doing sitting on this for so long? I, too, was getting quite irritated by the lens flairs, but aside from that, I even found NuAdama to be serviceable as a character. Maybe I've been on BSG withdrawal for too long, but I damn near loved every minute of this thing. It seems that the rumors about the CG effects not being up to snuff were quite erroneous.

11. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

nm...Gebirg beat me to it... :)

12. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

It's not my favorite, either. I'm not much for the Keller/McKeller stuff, so that's my reason.

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

The uniform issue was already messy anyway. Caprica's pilot featured military officers wearing the uniforms from nuBSG series, not the original series resembling outfits from the Razor flashbacks. At least the Viper pilots seen in B&C are wearing the same flight suits as the one young Adama wore in Razor.

14. Candlelight

No, it's explicitly implied that Raptor Talon was his first combat mission. So he spends two years running raptors before finally getting in a Viper...? He must really piss off the brass by the time Blood and Chrome finishes...

But why bother? In Razor she participates in Operation Raptor Talon without her armor?? There must've been a reason to have her remove her armor and then go back into the fight. Otherwise why bother?

Either that or this Galactica will be destroyed and be replaced with Galactica-A. :)

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Grey Owl Wizard Premium Member

Don't worry, Deanna Troi isn't driving Galactica ;)

16. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Didn't know that...haven't seen Caprica

17. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Good grief! Are we ever to be rid of this meme? It wasn't her fault. The emp/shockwave from the core breach knocked the helm controls offline.

ETA* I was just re-watching part one and caught an audio "Easter Egg"/callback. In the CIC, if you listen to the background chatter you can hear the Comm officer communicating with the "Celestra", which was a fleet electronics ship in the old show.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  18. Candlelight

That would be the Galactica-E...

19. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Vice Admiral Admiral

A deserted gin joint on the Lower East Side
    Give it enough time and Deanna will be driving this thread, too. ;)

20. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw Web Eps. 1 & 2 - IMO - this is the reboot they should have made in 2003. I'm actually sad they won't be taking this to TV series by all accounts.